Ghetto Marketing by Ford

I was wondering if it was a regional thing or a nationwide ad. It really shows the power of advertising, since I scrapped the idea of buying an F150 after seeing the posse of sub-literate shills rapping and using the phrase 'flash your grille'.

I can't imagine that's a nationwide ad, please tell me Ford has more sense than S. Florida...

lab~rat >:-)

I'm in Tennessee, have not seen it yet.

Just teh thought makes me cringe.

Reply to
Kate

You wont buy the truck because you don't like the ad???

There's some mighty powerful logic at work, there...

Reply to
Jim Warman

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:33:49 GMT, "lab~rat >:-)" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Doing them in Va as well.

Local used car lot is doing a real Ghetto Ad with some way Chessy bad Rapper trying to rap about comin to his lot today to ride tonight. Really, really low class guy in a headband & his name tat on his arm. It is real bad.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Sorry, I'm afraid it's playing up in Boston.

No worse than D/Cs "Thet thang got a HEMI!?" ads, with the trailer park duo.

Reply to
John C.

F150 has that reputation as the low one in the chain of evolution

Reply to
Dr Moria

"lab~rat >:-)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I want to throw a brick through the TV when that damn ad comes on. First it was "Rad It Lak A Foad" now it's metal mouth idiots. Makes me want to puke.

Reply to
Joe

Obviously you have no freaking idea why marketing companies make multi-millions of dollars for good national add campaigns...

These advertisements do make or BREAK deals, you think big corporations piss those millions of dollars away for nothing?

Reply to
My Names Nobody

we prefer "Manufactured Housing Community"... LOL!

Ahhhhh... life in in the trailer park... but that was years ago... even had a Camaro then... LOL!

Reply to
John S.

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:40:54 GMT, "Jim Warman" puked:

It wasn't at the top of my list, it was in there with a cluster of about 5 vehicles. I found the ad pretty reprehensible, in case you hadn't noticed.

BTW, I haven't bought ANY new vehicle yet, so maybe the ad turned me against buying a car altogether. ;)

lab~rat >:-)

Haven't seen it in Colorado...yet. God I hope not ever.

Scott W. '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Mustang TS #57

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

"John S." wrote

I thought it was "PRE- manufactured housing."

Scott W. '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Mustang TS #57

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

I sure like my Titan :-P

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:51:34 GMT, "John C." puked:

Bad news for me is I can relate to that one better. ;)

lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:17:34 GMT, Joe puked:

They went from that "It isn't a toy" Mustang ad to that?

lab~rat >:-)

Jim, Would it not be following the SAME logic - if the projected demographic saw the ad, they DID buy the truck?

Just hitting the ball back over the net atcha. ¦¬)

Kate

Reply to
Kate

"lab~rat >:-)" wrote

*snip*

So quit bitching about it and go gripe at FORD about it.. If you don't like it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Unless you tell THEM tha tthey are getting on your last nerve they are going to continue the marketing without knowing that some people find it repulsive.

Kate

Reply to
Kate
**HUGE SLAP ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD**

Whoops, meant to pat you on the back there - my bad.

heh heh heh

Kate

99 F two fitty 06 RhoobeeKahn

Reply to
Kate

"Kate" wrote in news:0uFOg.123$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

Kate, if you ever saw that ad you'd be bitching a mean streak as well. That ad and the ones preceding it (the SoFla ones) are the epitome of ghetto marketing. Put 22" Dubs on a car that's worth half as much as the wheels, remove the shocks to get that "bouncy" look, add the mandatory fart can muffler, etc. etc. It's just so _wrong_.

If those ads are coming from corporate, then Ford really does need to die.

Reply to
Joe

"lab~rat >:-)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't remember that one, which is a good thing. Freakin' pimps.

Reply to
Joe