Glovebox

I got the old, ratty one out of the '66. How the hell do you get the new, spiffy one in?

Dang...

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Mustang Monthly, or Mustangs and Fords did an article on that very subject not all that long ago. I'll take a look and see if I can locate it.

I think it said fold it as flat as you can along the guidelines/creases and come up from below by the heater and pop it open when you get it positioned.

Reply to
Spike

Thanks for the advice. I did try and "shrink" it's footprint a little. Figured that's why it's creased in the first place. I'm worried about crushing the darn thing.

I can't see dissassembling the whole dash or removing the heater box and other stuff just to get this darn thing in.

Call me chicken. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

How about I just call you frugal? :0) I have a brand new liner for mine and getting ready to install it. Just been so busy with conversion to power rack and pinion and tilt steering column with cruise control, I have not taken the time out to do it. That's why I save all my copies of MM and M&F. When I get ready to do a job I can go back, dig out the article, and go for it.

Still looking for the article. Should have the info by the end of today.

Reply to
Spike

When I sold my '88 I stopped buying those mags. I guess I should have kept it up. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

those are the only two I subscribe to because they are more directed to my 65. Speaking of which... While I am trying to locate that article... got to both Mustang Monthly, and Mustang and Fords web sites and look in their tech articles. The glove box article may be in there.

Reply to
Spike

I checked around last night and again this morning, just a bit.

All good advice.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

FOUND IT! Mustang Monthly May 2006 Pg 84 "How to Replace a Glovebox"

fold and compress where the perforations are along the sides, and slide the driver side of the box in first. Once it's all in, reach inside the box and pop it open. Slip the lip into place and begin installing the retaining screws.

Reply to
Spike

:-)

Guess what came in today's mail from Primemedia? Uh huh, the very back issue you speak of.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Had a lot of issues of both magazines to go through.... and guess what.... it was in the last one I looked in..... :0)

Reply to
Spike

Which goes to prove once again the Murphy's law is a universal constant... :0)

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I am not sure Murphey's Law applies since nothing really went wrong.

I forget the name of this law that applies, but it's the one that says "You will always find what you are looking for in the last place you look...because there is no point in continuing to look if you already found what you were looking for."

:0)

Reply to
Spike

constant...

I'm not sure that's a "law" but rather a saying. I would still think that it's a subset of Murphy's Law that while nothing went really wrong you ended up wasting a lot of time and energy. After all you could have just as easily looked in the "last" place "first".

;>)

Reply to
Richard

Ah, but would it then have been the last place I looked in first or the first place I looked in last? Because if I looked in the last place first, wouldn't it have still been the last place I looked? What would I have done if I looked in the last place first and what I was seeking wasn't there? And is it really a waste of time if I couldn't find it until I looked high and low and finally found it in the last place I looked. For example... if it was my only set of car keys, I wouldn't be going anywhere until I found them no matter how long it took.

I think this is a subset of the Haven't the Foggiest Law. :0)

Reply to
Spike

Which is, just one of life's imponderable mysteries. :0)

Reply to
Richard

BUMMER! I was really hoping it was an "XFile"!!!! :0)

Reply to
Spike