Gone....

Woke up this morning to see *nothing* sitting in front of my house. A big gaping hole where my '97 Cobra was the night before.

I think someone was in my house, took the spare set of keys, and left, just as I was getting home last night. Almost had to know 'em, and they had to know my 90lb Boxer.

I'm hoping they never find it. I'm sure the Rio player isn't going to be there anymore... nor will the brandy new not a scratch on 'em Konig Villian wheels and the Nitto 555 Extremes with 5000 miles on them. Who knows how beat the car's gonna be.

*sigh*

JS

Reply to
JS

I loved the car.. I didn't want rid of it. I think it was the first Mustang I was going to try to hold on to for a very long period of time, as I have a history of buy-sell-buy-sell.

Now I don't know. I don't know what will be missing, wrong, destroyed, what. Just give me the money and let me forget about it.

And don't tell me who took it either.

JS

Reply to
JS

JS, I know exactly what you're going through and I agree that they never find it. It happened to me, so here's what to expect:

Car still has some major problems with the clutch and massive clunking/misalignment and other noises never before heard. They made a huge mess. They even went through a McDonalds near where they had found the car (in the projects) cause there was a sandwich wrapper on the passenger side. I was telling the police to check the McDonalds for a surveillance tape but they just looked at me like I was an idiot. At least the car looks better now than before, the ford dealership had done a great job.

Reply to
RioRedGT

Man, that really sucks. Hope everything works out for you.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Wow! Good luck to you!

Before replying, I've moved the spare keys to my '01 GT and '03 F250. GT has the anti-theft ignition, not the truck. Wish it did.

Toby

Reply to
Toby

Reply to
Sonicmonkey

I like the idea. ;-)

However, I feel my next anti-theft device will be moving to a different location. Not really because of the car, but due to other circumstances.

My weekend went as follows -

Girl I've been kinda dating flips her mom's car.. she's ok, somehow, but banged up pretty bad and her spirit shot... My grandmother (whom I co-own my house with) decides at her new husband's direction that they should get out of this arrangement.. My aunt has a heart attack Someone steals my Cobra

Hmm.... yeah, Monday might be the best day of this week.

JS

Reply to
JS

Jason, I remember reading your plight about your car's theft. I think they have the keys so the ignition damage and lock damage shouldn't be there. I'm glad your content with your pony now.. don't know if I could be or not.

I don't know what kinda hell they're putting the thing through right now though, so, I'd rather just not have it back.

I wish it didn't get stolen. I wish I still had my camera with the pictures of my girl's flipped car. I wish I still had my Rio MP3 player (originally $1000, bought on closeout sale for $320).

Unfortunately, it's gone, as is everything else. With the weekend I've had, it's not even my biggest worry. I just hope to never see it again.

If I do, I hope they never tell me who did it.

JS

Reply to
JS

Oh My God! You must be sick.

Sorry JS... that is terrible.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top... sleeps in the garage.
Reply to
SVTKate

Man, what a weekend.

Material things can be replaced. People can't. Looks like the people in your life are gonna be OK for now. Cherish that and move on.

Did the punks actually break in to your house and find your spare keys ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Good. I think a new set of keys and an antitheft device may be in order.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Victor DiMichina

at 28 Jul 2003, Victor DiMichina [victor@pixel_no_spammagicfx.com] wrote in news:3F259480.2060705@pixel_no_spammagicfx.com:

I'd change the locks as the 'abductor' still has a set of the current keys. This is not gonna be cheap, but having it disappear at regular intervals is gonna be more costly... :-(

Antitheft device? How about a real Cobra on the driver's seat. On with a nasty temper at that? ;-) Alos, make sure spare keys are not in plain sight and their location is only known to those you trust...

Reply to
Paul

Hey JS... PHEW! Glad you got her back, and that all seems pretty much in order. I'm sure she is tough enough to withstand a night of rough riding.

Now, let's hope they throw the book at the little SOB that took her.

If I were you, I'd take her down and have the locks changed. Maybe not in your budget, but check to see if your insurance company will pay for it as a preventitive measure.

Another thought, pull the coil wire off her, a simple way to disable the car so that someone cannot just jump in and start it up. They probabaly will not want to take the time to find out if it is a kill switch or what.

Hope all is well.

Kate

| > Sorry JS... that is terrible. | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top... | > sleeps in the garage. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Ah, I'm not overly concerned about the material things. I didn't want the car stolen, but I wasn't going to let it cripple me. My girl is doing ok, though a bit shook up. We went to see the car today. She handled it better than I thought she would... but that doesn't mean she didn't immediately burst into tears when she saw how close she came to not being here anymore.

My aunt went through surgery well and is coming home today.

I'm definately glad all is well on the health front. The house and car are just objects.

I think it was someone who knew where things were. The spare keys were on a stand in the middle room, along with the spare keys to the LX, the key to my Ninja, and keys that I use for work. Also there was a door key cut to fit the Cobra's door and ignition but without the chip, which would have set the alarm off even if they used it to open the door. They knew what was where, what they needed, and they knew my dog. That stings. I guess I'll find out when we go to court who this kid is, as he's not 18. I'm not sure how he got in, no visible damage to anything. Back door might not have been shut properly as it sometimes looks shut but isn't quite.

Thanks for the reply.

JS

Reply to
JS

I'm getting it re-keyed. This also includes changing the computer to work with the new chips. This car has the keys with the microchip in them to prevent theft. I have a key that fits the door and will unlock it, but without the chip, it won't let you open the door without the alarm going off. I'm comfortable with the factory alarm, it's just that I need to have a better handle on the keys I suppose.

I'm also contemplating moving, not because of this incident, but other issues.

Tonight the car will be disabled as the insurance adjuster is coming in the morning. After that, it will sleep elsewhere until I get the entire vehicle re-keyed.

I still have hopes on changing the suspension but I may need to buy a house instead.

JS

Reply to
JS

Yeah, I've put her through some rough nights, so I'm sure she'll stand up to that one. Thanks. :)

He's a minor, but I'ma do what I can. I'm more in favor of cutting one of his hands off... justice old-school, but that's not politically correct. PC sucks. I'm definately pressing charges.

I have $1000 deductibles... was the only way I could afford the insurance. I'll pay to get it re-keyed ($560 at my friendly local SVT dealer) and it'll count towards my deductible. Since one set of keys are still at large, I'm sure they'll insist.

My car has no coil wire. I'm thinking of breaking the fuel pump circuit.

I have DIS ignition, I believe you have the same setup. I don't know when they switched to coil on plug. I have two coil packs that run the plugs, no coil wire. :) Thanks for the tip though. Disconnecting something in the fuel pump circuit will cause it to not start too.

Thanks for the support guys... definately needed it after this weekend. ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

Real Cobra on the driver's seat. I like that. :-) Don't think I could convince my girl to ever ride in the car again though. LOL.

JS

Reply to
JS

And that's exactly what it felt like, Kate. I was crossing my fingers hoping they would never find it, or find it beyond repair. Nothing but a bunch of punk thugs. I still kinda want to trade it in or sale it later and get me an 03 Cobra midnight blue.

Reply to
RioRedGT

at 28 Jul 2003, JS [ snipped-for-privacy@home.now] wrote in news:j9hVa.2423$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny03.gnilink.net:

I believe Mustangworld has a howto on using the 'fuel pump cutoff safety feature' to do this. The wiring runs beneath the drivers doorsill. Only takes a a meter, some wire and a switch to make yourself a fuel cutoff. :-)

If it's not Mustangworld and you want it, holler at me, It's one of about 6 sites I have bookmarked and I'll go and dig it up...

Reply to
Paul

Disconnecting leads to the coil packs would probably do the trick. (make sure the battery can be connected while doing it). Also you can unplug the clutch sensor switch. Both will keep the car from starting and will baffle teenage morons.

But something better... hmm... There should be a fuse for the starting or fuel pump circuit in the under-hood fuse box. Pull that and it's going no where.

Best ideas I have atm...

Reply to
Brent P