Good thing I got the warranty!!

Well, I brought my car in cause it was grinding third. The transmission is being rebuilt and they fixed the check engine light. I'm so happy I bought the warranty for it. It sucks though that I haven't even made the first payment and its already broke. Hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come. Driving the truck around for the first time in weeks is pretty nice though, I miss it! Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT(broke)

Reply to
Erik D.

Shit, Erik. That blows that the car is giving you crap already! After they fix the trans... you may wanna put in a synthetic trans fluid. I did & it feels quite a bit better. I'm more concerned w/ protection, but ...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Yours was the one bought with all the speed parts already on it, right? You have to assume that if someone bolted-on the speed parts, they used those speed parts... know what I mean?

Hope you don't have any more troubles,

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

LOL!! Believe me, i've been through this and I know exactly what you mean. I was just hoping that with only 42,000 miles it would last a little longer and be reliable. After all, its not that many speed parts if you ask me(exhaust, gears, CAI). My friend had a '00 GT that was all stock and had tranny problems at 25,000 though so I am not too dissapointed about it. I heard there was a recall on some of the 5 speeds anyway so maybe they came up with something better. Hell, as long as they keep fixing it, i'll keep driving it. I will most likely only keep the car to the 100,000 mile mark anyway(which is when the warranty runs out). BTW, I plan on getting full use out of the speed parts as well ;)

Thanks!!

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks, I may just do that. #1 priority when I get it back though is definitely a better shifter.

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

In that case... buy a new shifter (preferably Steeda Tri-Ax) AND trans fluid. Do it at once. Lot easier to pour in the fluid from where the shifter goes than pumping it into a small hole ;).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Just make sure you don't over-fill it...

Carl

transmission

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

True!

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

No, it's not, but again, the person who previously owned your car more than likely drove aggressively.

Somewhere around '00 and '01 Ford switched from the crappy, weak T-45 to a stronger Tremec. Your friend's car might have had the T-45.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

snip

Do you have any idea how to tell which transmission it has?? I was told some 00's have the tremec, and some '01's have the tremec. I know the '00 my friend has says tremec on the transmission, but I was also told that some T45's say tremec on them. There seems to be alot of confusion about this subject whenever I ask someone. I need to know which one I have though so I can order myself a shifter. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

go to

& look for their tri-ax shifter. It'll tell you how to determine which tranny you have.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Sweet, thanks!! Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Erik, I think that in the middle of the 2001 production run they switched to the Tremec 3500. Ford put out a TSB this Summer on a first to second gear slight notchey feeling when the transmission was cold. Had the TSB done on my 2002 GT under warranty, and now it is nice and smooth. The dealer had no problem with the fact that I have a Hurst shifter installed.

Not sure if this is related to your issue, however there is an on going thread over on StangNet on this. Martin

2002gt 243 rwhp 285 rwtq
Reply to
Martin