Got my GT!

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:41:23 -0500, "JWGroovin" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I think that is the best that can be expected right now. I tried & I tried, but dice on moving off list price. There was an awful lot of people lining up early on with big deposits over list to be first owners of this new Mustang. Same thing happened with the GTO & SSR introductions and those people are now regretting it as they see these first years being discounted massively to move what is left of the first model years inventory out the door. I've heard of Pontiac dealers sending `04 GTO's off to wholesalers to get them off their lots. What is funny is that they are doing it again for the "New & Improved" second year of these two vehicles.

I doubt that we are going to see any massive leftovers of this first year run of the GT's. In my area I certainly didn't see them offering anything special on the `04 GT's & Mach 1's either. Most were all gone by the middle of the summer. There was this sweet `04 Mach 1 that I really wanted to make a deal on, but the dealer wouldn't budge. It got sold at list like all most everything else on the lot. They do have plenty of `04 V6 drop-tops still available though. No idea what kind of deal they are making to move them though.

Anyhow, good to hear that you were able to get what you wanted, when you wanted it at I guess a fair price. If everyone is paying list or better they should hold their value well in the out years. I've heard from a dealer that the upgraded interior parts supplier is having problems meeting demand and that option has been suspended from ordering at this time.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:38:00 -0500, JohnH wrote something wonderfully witty:

About the only good thing that can be said about that, is that with as many people that there are that are paying at least list and a little over are fairly covered since I doubt we will see any discounts for a while. That should protect your resale value for a while.

If you gotta have what you want when you want it, sometimes you gotta pay. I'm just not willing to at this time.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:25:39 -0500, "JohnW" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Huh, that is interesting. GM has had that feature on their stock systems for a couple of years now. The Mach 460 system in my `01 is pretty damn good for a factory system, can't wait for the opportunity to hear a Shaker 1000. I'm damn near 50 and still a rocker as well. Once a rocker, always a rocker. Although I am more into classic rock then most of the modern stuff, although I really do like God Smack. They are excellent in concert.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:38:00 -0500, JohnH wrote something wonderfully witty:

Be like that woman out in Texas and get yourself buried behind the wheel.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I think I mentioned in my original post that I heard about the available GTs while in a Pontiac dealership. They offered $6000 under list to take the black 2004 GTO off their hands, but it just didn't do anything for me. My son got an '04 Mustang in July for $3000 under list in Annapolis, MD. They had a LOT of them on the lot to move, including 2 Mach for $22k each. Given the price he's had no qualms about making mods immediately (the usual exhaust and cold air, etc).

I don't think I've ever paid list before in 30 years of owning cars, but given my luck getting my hands on this jewel I have no regrets. I'm not worried about resale--I hope I'm never in a position where I want to sell it.

By the way, mine came with the interior kit and was ordered in November...I have their build sheet.

John

Reply to
JohnW

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well all right. Looks like we have a nice little old farts rock club here. I'll listen to anything that rocks these days. John, what's your guitar/amp setup?

Joe

My next-door neighbor got a V6 for $2100 *under* MSRP. He brags continuously. He can't understand why I look at him and say, "Yeah Rick, but it's a V6!"

You are displaying some financial sense. There's nothing wrong with that!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Sometime I'd like to compare sounds from our shakers. Mine sounds much like the speakers are busted when I have the bass up. Perhaps it's my old, almost deaf ears. The salesman said, "That's the way they're supposed to sound." He didn't have another shaker system on the lot for me to compare it to.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Here's my bio from two band's back (circa July 2004):

My current band's site is down as we're reforming with two new players.

I play a Strat Texas Special, Godin Exit 22 or a PRS Santana SE with custom Seymour Duncans. Powered through either a Peavey Classic 30 (one LOUD tube amp) or a Vox AD120VTH head and cabinet. My 16 year old (not the older Mustang driver) plays a Strat or Washburn through a nice Crate amp. I have him show me the newer stuff (Jet, Audioslave, etc) and I show him the older stuff. He's got Slash down from the Velvet Revolver CD...makes me (sniff!) so proud...

Reply to
JohnW

Reply to
JohnW

"JohnW" wrote in news:D0sLd.2529$ snipped-for-privacy@mencken.net.nih.gov:

Love the HS pic with the butterfly bow tie. You look a bit like Dustin Hoffman in the top one. ;) Your favorite band list is almost the same as mine.

Outstanding! I've got a '97 Roadhouse Strat and an '81 Marshall 50W Combo with a 12" Celestion. Still has the original tubes.

That's awesome that your son plays that stuff. Nothing like a father/son guitar duo. Let me know when your new site's up.

Joe

Yeah, when I lower the bass response it sounds better. When I shut the shakers off (which is my 'default' mode), the sound is fine.

Maybe I just had too much bass going to it with too much volume. I would have thought the system could take whatever the radio would send it though. Aren't these speakers as good as Bose 901's?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Dustin Hoffman, crap, I was going for Clint Eastwood cool...

Love the Marshall. I kick myself everytime I think about how I sold my 67 or 68 Twin Reverb for college money.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Reply to
JohnW

"JohnW" wrote in news:OxtLd.2534$ snipped-for-privacy@mencken.net.nih.gov:

Right. ;)

Yeah, I know the feeling. I used to have a '71 Bandmaster and an SG just like Angus Young's. Still have an original Ibanez Tube Screamer though. Still sounds as sweet as the day I bought it.

Joe

I don't know what Ford's putting in these days, but the Infinity system in my truck is lousy. Sure, it says 'Infinity', but the components they put in there are way below any of the aftermarket stuff.

"JohnW" wrote in news:4ztLd.2535$ snipped-for-privacy@mencken.net.nih.gov:

Reply to
Joe
[note thread subject change]

Actually, this Shaker 1000 is giving me fits with CDs! I loaded 5 store CDs and 1 I burned (a normal music CD, not MP3) and they skip here and there. Unloading/reloading doesn't help. I'll have to call the dealer this week, but I'll get my son to do a lookup and see if there's a known problem with these units...

John

Reply to
JohnW

On 31 Jan 2005 16:50:57 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

Hmm, Let's see if it really is "Tax the rich to feed the poor, till there ain't no rich no more." Artist, song, album? One of my most favorite rock song lines right now. Never thought it would apply to me.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:00:37 -0500, JohnH wrote something wonderfully witty:

All highs, no lows Bose?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I've had no skipping or other playback problems with store-bought or homemade mp3's.

Maybe you've got a problem there.