GRANADA ROTORS /MUSTANG SPINLES

I have a 1978 mustang 11 suspension I bought 1975 granada rotors and calipers. the caliper mounts are to short for the larger rotors.Is there another caliper mount i could use? do you know where i might buy 2 inch granada drop sindles and would this cure my problem? (i'm thinking of dropping the car anyways)i think that the granada has the mounts for the calipers moulded into the spindles but i'm not sure if this is correct any info would be appreciated

Reply to
marnix

First of all granada spindles are rear steer meaning the tie rods connect to the back just like all the older mustangs. Mustang 2 spindles have the rack and the steering in front so granada drop spindles, if they exist, wouldn't work with a mustang 2 setup. What exactly are you trying to do? If you have an older car that has a mustang 2 front end installed you can buy bigger aftermarket disks and calipers for it. The granada disk caliper and spindle swap works with the '65-'70 front suspension only.

Reply to
Mark C.

Yes, there are. The Mustang II suspension is very popular in the street rod set because it works well, it's compact, and it's easy. The Granada had larger front discs (11") than most Fords of that era, and use the same spindle size as the MII. Also, the Granada caliper was pretty good for a stock part. But, as you've discovered, it doesn't just all bolt together. The MII used a smaller disc, so the caliper is too close to the spindle for the 11" rotor. Fortunately, there is a very cheap and easy fix. This is such a common swap that almost every rod shop carries the correct caliper bracket in stock - the good ones do anyway. They are simple bolt on brackets, kind of shaped like a horse shoe. Juts call your favorite supplier and have them delivered to your door.

See above. And note that Granada spindles won't fit on a MII suspension, they are completely different. You can buy MII dropped spindles, though. Again, it's a very common part. Just dial the phone and wait for the UPS guy.

Reply to
.boB

How can I tell by the serial no. what year an early 50's stude might be? Some wrecking yard studes have a lot of parts alreay stripped off and the serial no. is sometimes still there.

Reply to
marnix

And yoy posted this to a Mustang group, because.... ?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

oops I'll be correcting that right away thanks

Reply to
marnix