Green light

For all those on their cell phones or adjusting their hair, it means "go."

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Maybe they just didn't like that particular shade of green.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

I like the new LED-based traffic lights, they are much more visible even in glaring sun.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

"RichA" wrote| | At least he gave you the option. A month ago I was in a deserted | parking lot, a parking lot for a former commuter train station. All I | was doing was testing my Mach-1 to see at what point the rear wheels | break loose on a hard turn. The cop who came over didn't like it | much, said something about pedestrians walking near me being in peril, | (there wasn't a soul within a quarter mile of this place). | But here's an interesting one; A week ago I was waiting at a light, | and someone decides to nod off, or whatever and when the light turns | green, they forget to go. I honked them once and finally, after what | seemed like forever, the guy decides to go and takes off at full | speed. I left the starting line a little loud (not a tire burn, just | taking the car up past 5000 in 1st). So, about 400 yards up, I pulled | into a gas station to check my tire pressure and a cop who was | directing traffic at a garden store walks up and tells me not to drive | that way. I didn't burn rubber, I didn't exceed the speed limit. | His beef was with how fast I reached 40mph. I was going to suggest | they make a law against acceleration, but I didn't. | -Rich |

In my case, my own front yard is about 5 acres of mowed grass.... Too bumpy to go raise hell in my car though, and it wold get the car all dirty too.

As far as the parking lot.. I think that's just a mess. You want to go someplace where it's safe, but the cop sees you as hell raising.

Sometimes it would be nice if they could see things from the OTHER side of the fence.

Like in my case, the gal ran up my ass on the highway (I was doing 62 in a

55) until I got around the car on my right, and moved over. Then she went like hell into town, and then dicked around at the light. SHE was the problem, SHE was the reason I was pissed off and *I* got into trouble.

BUT I shouldn't have zipped up, over and back in front of her. So, I am largely at fault for being stupid enough to get caught.

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm more worried about the ones that don't know "red" means stop. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote | | I'm more worried about the ones that don't know "red" means stop. ;)

But EVERYONE knows that yellow means Go Faster.. right?

Reply to
SVTKate

Yep... 'cause the cop couldn't see what when on before the point he observed. It ain't fair, I know, but... Believe it or not, most cops remember the days when they were doing the same things, and when they possibly got nailed by some cop. But, enforcement wasn't their job back then. Now they understand more the cop they cussed for nailing them.

It's a bit different the older the cop is. There's a lot more time and distance, and experience, between when they did the donuts in the parking lot, and when they stopped you.

And d>

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Reply to
cprice

If you build it, they will come... I think it's time for you to start construction of your own private road course, Kate. Just like in the '05 Mustang/Steve McQueen commercial. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Not true. It may still be illegal cause it's in the Vehicle Code... you just HAVEN'T been caught....YET....... LOL

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Uhhhh...let me think about it

NO

I do NOT want every dork in the area with a muffler-less POS running around my house, thankyouverymuch LOL

Reply to
SVTKate

You need to stop thinking like that now that you're living in the easy-going Midwest. You should never pull out of an intersection where a car is any closer than 1/4 mile from the intersection. That's the rules of engagement in Indiana where I grew up. I'm a holy terror on the streets when I go back home now after living near Washington, DC for the last 20 years.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I was going to suggest

By then the government will have put restrictor plates on the old engines and on the new- electronic acceleration control. Might as well take the bus at that point.

Brax

Reply to
Braxus

Reminds me of a time we came to a stop light. Car full of guys pulls out behind us. They get out and start knocking on our windows. We ran the red at that point. We had no clue who they were either.

Reply to
Braxus

| > But EVERYONE knows that yellow means Go Faster.. right? | | You need to stop thinking like that now that you're living in the | easy-going Midwest. You should never pull out of an intersection where | a car is any closer than 1/4 mile from the intersection. That's the | rules of engagement in Indiana where I grew up. I'm a holy terror on | the streets when I go back home now after living near Washington, DC for | the last 20 years.

Umm... this is the Mid South and let me tell you, they are the frigging WORST

I am beginning to hate it here. Love my place, so much other stuff to adapt to. I don't know how people do it that move from the US to another country! I'm having culture shock right here!

Reply to
SVTKate

That is REALLY weird. REALLY! :::shudder:::

Maybe it was a variation of a chinese quick stop...??

I would have ran the red light too!

Reply to
SVTKate

I had similar problems when I moved to the DC area right out of college. I spent the first 22 years of my life in a county that had less than

20,000 people living in it. After 4-5 years it become home to me. I don't know if I could take the slower pace of life there now. I do think it would be harder for me to move back there and adjust now than is was to move here 20 years ago.
Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

One night about 15 years ago I was showing a friend of mine from Indiana the wilder side of DC in my Triumph Spitfire. We intended to stop at a Safeway on 14th street to get a disposable camera and I notice a gang of about 10-12 guys waving me over to them in the parking lot. I decided to abort the camera purchase mission and keep going. I then noticed they started running toward the car and I was caught behind 3 cars at a red light! It's amazing how fast your mind can think in these types of situations. I decided to run the car up on the sidewalk and get the hell out of there! I went a full block before I could get back on the road. The gang actually got within about 20' from the car before I was able to pull away from them.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE