GT VS. COBRA

I'm looking to get another convertible mustang. My biggest problem is could I be happy with a Gt after owning a Cobra. I test drove a "03 Gt and was suprised when I stepped on the gas but not in a good way, it was rather dissappointing. I think I'm stuck in a Cobra lol. Now the GT has it's good points, regular gas, good looks, better gas mileage, I can afford a newer one, I don't really have to go that fast, and I just want to cruise with the top down and have some fun, but a Cobra is a Cobra and I loved mine, nuff said. I think I'll just sit here and go crazy thinking about it. excobra boy 97 convert deceased

Reply to
cobra boy

A buddy of mine just bought a 2001 SVT Cobra... black ragtop, black exterior, but I don't know the interior paint (maybe triple black Cobra??). It's pretty quick. He installed some stainless steel Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.. sounds HOT. I can keep up with him until about middle of my 3rd gear... then he starts really leaving me ;). It's a beautiful car... and I can see where you wouldn't wanna go back to a N/A GT after owning a Cobra (even though it was N/A)--b/c right.. a Cobra is a Cobra... nuff said ;). Good luck w/ the decision........ get a cobra... get a cobra... get a cobra... ok my subliminal messages suck.. but get a cobra. :x.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

FWIW, my niece's BF owns '03 Mach 1 w/ stick, and that's one bad MF there, but only available as a coupe.

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Do I REALLY have to say it? You know...

Reply to
SVTKate

Let's pretend you are buying a pair of shoes...... You walk past us wearing the first pair and do a little pirouette.... maybe even a bit of a ho-down. A couple of minutes later, you parade out in a different pair of shoes and repeat the process......

Afterwards, you come back (in your old, smelly sneakers) and ask us which shoes felt good........ The only reason a Big Mac tastes good is because somebody told you it tastes good. Sorry, chum.... you're going to have to make a decision. Ain't nobody else going to give it to you the way you can give it to yourself..... of course, you are waiting for the "get the Cobra" answers so you can divorce yourself from all blame....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Fast forward to six months after you get "it". If you get a GT and you have some problem, you'll blame yourself. If you get a Cobra and you have some problem, you'll blame Ford. Get the Cobra!

Reply to
John

If you had ever driven an 03/04 cobra you wouldn't even ask this question. I still get people commenting on my Cobra. On the road I get people sticking their thumbs up to me. Yesterday while washing the car I even had someone stop by and ask me if it was for sale. NOPE. I used to have a GT, The Cobra is a different story. Get it. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

I just picked up am '03 Cobra with 11k miles. The car is pristine! Any recommended upgrades that would improve performance without spending thousands?

TIA

Reply to
Gearhead-FMC

CAI and a cat-back if it hasn't been done. These alone will get you 35-40 rwhp. Search through SVTPerformance http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81 and you will see what a fewthousand can do!

Reply to
WraithCobra

BEsides the cai and cat-back, A SHIFTER ! Install a steeda triax (about 200 bucks, easily to install yourself) and a gasket to prevent the noise (6 to 12 bucks) Best thing to do, trust me. The stock shifter just doesn't belong in this car.

Rein

No stock Mustang shifter I've felt belonged in the car... :(.