GTO HP

I saw an ad in the local papers today for $5000 off the sticker for 2005 GTOs. I haven¹t been that attracted to the car, but that kind of discount gets my attention.

400 hp for less than $30k is pretty cool. The problem is that a GTO, on paper should blow a Mustang away, but it doesn¹t

Car HP Lbs 0-60

2005 GTO 400 3725 6 2005 vette 400 3250 4.1 2005 Mustang GT 300 3500 6.2

I guess 400 hp sometimes doesn¹t make it to the pavement. The GTO looks like a 325 hp car to me. Guess I have to pass (still a year to go on my

02 GT payments), but it is nice to see a discount on an alledged muscle car.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

Make your payments for the next year and then, if you really want, pick-up a leftover '05 GTO for less. There will be some out there.

One dealer close to me finally sold their leftover '04 recently, for under $20k. This same dealership transferred their allotted '05s to a partnered dealer down in Florida. The only way this dealer will sell one, is by customer order. These cars simply won't attract buyers, and the additional HP isn't reeling in the public, as was hoped. I'm sure the appearance of the Dodge Charger isn't helping GTO sales either. Given the choice between those two, I'd snag a Charger, 4 doors and all.

*(I'm in MA, I hear the GTO actually sells in FL and CA)
Reply to
John C.

Pontiac uses smaller horses....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

John Shepardson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

Where'd you get your numbers? They're pretty wacky. Try this:

Joe

I got them from Pontiac;

click on the "Click to see how we beat the competition" its on the right side, just under the GTO picture.

I wouldn't trust Car & Driver's opinion on seat covers.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

I notice they didn't use the manual Mustang. Times seem slow. My stock 5.0 can run head to head with a 2005 auto GT with less horse and torque? Dunno? And a 400 hp GTO? Maybe. Seems suspect though.

Reply to
BradandBrooks

John Shepardson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

OK, so let's try these:

No matter how you slice it, the GTO pretty much romps all over the Mustang, which it should considering the price and power difference.

Reply to
Joe

"BradandBrooks" wrote in news:yJLZe.556887$s54.150315@pd7tw2no:

The numbers on Pontiac's web site seem real slow. Most other reviews I've read show 0-60 times in the low-to-mid 5's.

Reply to
Joe

Well, that's what I would expect, funny that Pontiac would be so far off in their advertising.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

John Shepardson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

Yeah, I wonder why they did that. Insurance, maybe?

Reply to
Joe