Guess the weight...

...and win a prize. :)

The last couple of weeks have been spent removing the interior and the "OMG" A/V system from the (new to me) '00 R. After having to draft two friends in order to assist me with the removal of the woofer enclosure, I figured it would be interesting to see just how much this whole system weighed. I weighed it all, every bit of wire included. There were a total of thirteen speakers, including the three 12" sub-woofers, three rather HEFTY amps, DVD player, LCD, head unit, equalizer and crossovers. Weighed on a bathroom scale so it'll be give or take a few lbs.

The grand (and only) prize: R.A.M.F.M. inside window stickers. WOW!!

Remember these? Kevin M. iirc made these up several years ago, I've still got a few. The closest guess will get one each, black and white. WOOHOO! I've met a few people at the drags because of those stickers, most people think it's a radio station, lol.

Weight will be posted in a few days.

I'll give a hint; The woofers and enclosure weigh more than me, and I'm no race-horse jockey! :o

Reply to
John C.

I don't know about this stuff so just a stab, I'll say 330lbs?

Reply to
GILL

Total weight: 410 lbs!

To each, his own. IMO adding that much weight to a car, that is by design, the "lightweight Mustang" seems kinda silly.

E-mail me, replying to this thread, with a snail mail addy. I'll shoot those stickers out to you.

Reply to
John C.

[ ... ]

So, if you are a 160-lb person with a 130-lb significant other, you have to be naked in order to not overload the car!

Reply to
Frank ess