H-pipe w/o cats and Check Engine !

Hey fellows, I was trying to save some $ of buyin aftermarket H-pipe and installin it. So I just went to a mechanic and ask him to take off the 2 back cats and empty the first ones, but later Check Engine light came on. I think it's the O2 sensors! i got the flowmaster mufflers too. Is there any way to fix this? any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
mustangGT_00

MIL eliminators.

-Mike

--

<memset

I'd imagine all you need to do is find the resistance the rear O2 sensors have when 'in range' of what is acceptable to the computer and add an appropriate resistor in line. Just a thought...

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Like Mike said... MIL Eliminators. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

can i do it myself, or is it something required a mechanic. do u suggest any place to go to fix it. thnx for ur help.

Reply to
mustangGT_00

I haven't done it myself, but from what I've read here and elsewhere, it's just a snip-n-crimp job (or solder-n-heat shrink job, for those anal-retentive "reliability" types ;) ).

You shouldn't have any trouble doing it yourself.

This search has just about everything you need to know, and a wide variety of places to buy from:

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I agree w/ Garth. You can do it on your own in a snap.

-Mike

--

<memset

Save the environment and get a high flow cat h-pipe.

Reply to
Mark C.

There is a good chance you'll still need MIL eliminators, even with high flow cats.

Reply to
me

My "friend' (used to be, can't stand the clown now) has an H-pipe w/ 2 high-flow cats (97 GT) & his still gives a check engine light. BUT... my other friend w/ the SAME H-pipe doesn't get one (97 GT). It's weird!

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

what's the difference b/ MIL eliminators and O2 simulators, if there's any? coz i went to a mechanic and he told me i need O2 simulators. is there any place sell them other than online! thnx

Reply to
mustangGT_00

Same thing

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Sounds like the same thing.

me