Had a funny experience...

I was going through junked mustangs and my local wrecking yard, looking for various things, when I came to a back hatch that was locked shut. I wanted to check the spare tire compartment for tools and things that are commonly left behind, and remembering that sometimes the same key will unlock two different cars, tried my own mustang trunk key---AND IT WORKED! It was so eerie. I did find some tools, since no one else had been back there I had first pickings. Thinking to check it out for sure, I tried my key on the doors and it worked. It was quite a piece of luck. The key did not work on any of the others.

Reply to
voice from the past

I friend of mine mom's late 80's Mercury Marquis and my 77 Mercury Monarch had the same key. You know they are out there, but it's still kind of wierd whe it happens to you.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Should have bought the lock cores as spares ;).

Reply to
Brent P

I think I would have snagged those lock cylinders right then...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

This happened to a buddy of mine with his winter car - a '78 Impala. His was pale yellow, the wrong one was pale blue. After a few cocktails at a popular tavern, he went out into the full parking lot under the sodium lights and got into the first light Impala he came to... it was only around the block when he realized there were a lot of things wrong... first he thought someone threw a jacket and a bunch of books into his car(neither was locked), and then under better lights the car was the wrong color interior, then the exterior... then... well he snapped out of it and realized the whole car was wrong so went back & switched 'em.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

It's a bit like fighting with your keys wondering what the heck is wrong that they no longer open your car when at last you realize... this wasn't where I parked....

Today I called a local tranny shop and talked to the owner about changing my C4 to an AOD. While we were casually talking, I mentioned that yesterday I changed out the alternator on my TransAM GTA and she asked what year. Mine is a 91... hers is a 92.... both are red. She lost her husband and I lost my wife. We're both car crazy. Simple coincidence? Fate? or X-Files?

Used to be that cars with the same key sequence were sent to different parts of the country, but with today's mobile population, that's no guarantee....

Back in the mid 80s I was driving cross country in my 72 Mustang; white with blue panel decals and red pinstriping. Somewhere in the middle of Iowa I looked across the freeway at the oncoming traffic and deja vu... there I was headed the otherway... and I was staring back at me. As we passed I glanced in the review mirror in time to see his brake light come on... as were mine. We flipped U turns and stopped at a gas station for refreshments and BS.

Ya just never know......

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

LMAO! Not THAT sounds like something that would happen to me.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

WOah, that story gave me goosebumps.

You'll have to keep us posted on the gal at the tranny shop... It would be interesting if it turned out to be fate or fatal :)

Kate

| >> V'ger | >> jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net | >> 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | >> Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | >> 289 ci 4v V8 A Code | >> Dual Exhaust | >> C4 Auto | >> 8" Trak Lok | >> Vintage 40 wheels | >> BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires | >> Petronix Electronic Ignition components | >> oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers | >> Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | >

| >This happened to a buddy of mine with his winter car - a '78 Impala. | >His was pale yellow, the wrong one was pale blue. After a few cocktails | >at a popular tavern, he went out into the full parking lot under the | >sodium lights and got into the first light Impala he came to... it was | >only around the block when he realized there were a lot of things | >wrong... first he thought someone threw a jacket and a bunch of books | >into his car(neither was locked), and then under better lights the car | >was the wrong color interior, then the exterior... then... well he | >snapped out of it and realized the whole car was wrong so went back & | >switched 'em. | >

| >Rob | | V'ger | jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires | Petronix Electronic Ignition components | oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers | Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )

Reply to
SVTKate

Welcome to the wacky world of law enforcement LOL; ) Which my daughter is just beginning to learn.... It's not all badges and guns like on tv.... there are a lot of laughs.... like the 80+ woman who, on early Sunday morning, was out driving around looking for the employment office. Drove her car right into the side of one of my patrolmen, stopped and got out, approached him and began asking directions. He looked at her and asked if she realized she had hit him. She replied that of course she had. She was trying to get his attention. Needless to say, she never made it to the unemployment office.

[...]

Run like hell, and don't look back.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to