Happy 4th July from across the pond!!

Happy 4th July to all in the US of A.

Have a great day guys, and thanks for the help over time.

Cheers,

JohnP.

Reply to
JohnP

Excuse me, and 89 Mustang with an LPG conversion????

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

rofl.... took the words right off of my keyboard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Yeah, thanks bunches, the manners were just blown out of my head. I do appreciate the thought, I just wanna know more about this LPG conversion. Mainly, why? LOL.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

My dad served in Europe during II, and was at Normandy (D plus 12 I believe), and was at the Bulge. He had a furlough in London once, and couldn't believe how courageous the English people were during the bombing raids. One wonders what the world would be like today if England never established colonies here.

John

Reply to
John Del

Hi Guys,

Guess you seem a bit confused by the LPG conversion bit of my sig file. LPG, Liquid Petroleum Gas, "Propane".

As to why, up till recently, the car was my daily driver. Seeing that the cost of Gasoline in England is around £3.77 per gallon, at today's exchange rate that is $6.99 US.

My wallet is not a bottomless pit of money and I refuse to be priced off the road by our TAX hungry Chancellor. So the only option to drive the American dream over here is to convert to LPG. Either that or drive a rice burner, and I would rather walk.

Cheers guys,

JohnP.

Reply to
JohnP
** My wallet is not a bottomless pit of money and I refuse to be priced off the ** road by our TAX hungry Chancellor. So the only option to drive the American ** dream over here is to convert to LPG. Either that or drive a rice burner, ** and I would rather walk. ** ** Cheers guys, ** ** JohnP.

Don't feel bad, John. Here in CA, USA, we hand over 50%+ of our hard earned dollars to pay those squandered taxes. And we're fed up with it. I can't think of anything here that is not taxed, and most things end up taxed twice. LPG doesn't sound like a bad way to go. Fuel taxes here are rediculous.

-JD

________________________________________________________ | | | 1998 Laser Red GT RAMFM Member Since 1997 | | M-5400-A Suspension http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams || Subframe Connectors & Seat Bracing, Strut Tower Brace || 4-point K-frame Brace, Tremec T-45 & OEM 3.27:1 Gears ||________________________________________________________|

Reply to
JD Adams

I'm waiting for the day when people finally add up and comprehend all the federal, state and local taxes they pay on their income, sales tax, property tax, utility taxes, gas tax etc. Then add all the taxes a business pays to support your job and the dollar amount is frightening. The revolution regarding taxes is coming and I can't wait to see it. Local governments are just as efficient as the federal government at taking money out of your wallet.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE
** I'm waiting for the day when people finally add up and comprehend all ** the federal, state and local taxes they pay on their income, sales tax, ** property tax, utility taxes, gas tax etc. Then add all the taxes a ** business pays to support your job and the dollar amount is frightening. ** The revolution regarding taxes is coming and I can't wait to see it. ** Local governments are just as efficient as the federal government at ** taking money out of your wallet.

I'm all for a fixed-rate Federal/State tax for goods sold, and nothing else. I still think the reason it will never happen, is because you'd have to charge

90% tax on purchases to even come close to what Uncle and Cousin is used to getting from us now. And I think people MAY become outraged at that point.

Arnold said it best. 'You're taxed before you even get paid for your work. Then you're taxed when you buy lunch, fill your car with fuel, and buy your morning newspaper. Pick up a cup of coffee to go with it, and you pay more taxes. Go home and turn on your A/C or make a phone call, and you're taxed again. Sell your home, and you're hit with even more taxes. And when you finally die, you are TAXED AGAIN!!!'

And as we all know, sometimes the Government has more interest in a dead man than a live one. Bleh.

For now, I'd just settle for abolishing the Electoral College. One man, One woman, One VOTE. Democracy in action, folks, which is the way it should be.