Happy Holidaze...

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of any and/or all holidays occuring before, after, during or near the the winter solstice, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only "America" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, color, creed, age, sex, physical ability, veterans status, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wished.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where taxed or prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and such warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Ralph Snart aka Captain Redneck

Reply to
The Rebel

There was a new thesaurus under your tree this years, wasn't there! LOL

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

ROFLMAO! good one!!

| >Kate | >

| | DP | Pics of the cars: |

SVTKate

HOW did you come up with this? Been dipping into that Holiday cheer?

Happy Holly Daze to you too :)

Reply to
SVTKate

I can't lie - somebody else sent it to me, but with this 'Politically Correct' bullcrap age that we live in, I'm sure that it was written by somebody in the ACLU.

Reply to
The Rebel

Sounds about right. I wandered around your web site this morning. You didn't look a thing like I imagined. Funny, you don't look like any redneck *I* ever saw!

Kate

| > Happy Holly Daze to you too :) | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate, drop me an email with a real return address.

I hope you like my site - it's not much, but something that I do to kill time while I listen to radio.

Reply to
The Rebel

"SVTKate" wrote in news:SmkAd.5866$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

A redneck friend sent me this:

We've enjoyed the Redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to face a dozen terrorists who were threatening my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so Rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit --- that's what rednecks are made of. I'd like to think I have some of that in me. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya`ll will know you might be a Redneck if. . . . .

It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God. . "

You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You bow your head when someone prays.

You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You've never burned an American flag.

You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

If you got this email from me it is because I believe that you, like me, are just enough Redneck.

Reply to
XS11E

That piece of beautiful poetry is on my webpage. My wife is Irish, one of my best friends is gay, and some of my best friends are rednecks. When my wife fell out of her wheelchair earlier this year and hit her head, I was scared to leave her alone at home, yet my workplace was giving me shit about missing several days earlier this year for being with her when she had a terrible execerbation of her MS. I was scheduled to work Friday and Saturday 7P-7A and I mentioned it to one of my redneck friends (who lives in Lexington County, SC and is a body/paint man) in an email on Wednesday night. 15 minutes later, he called me and told me that he and his old lady were leaving that night to drive here (Fort Collins, CO) to watch over her and let me go to work. They drove 32 hours (1800 miles - the speed limit was stretched driving here) nonstop to be here in time to help a friend - these are people that others may laugh at for their lack of education, or for the bar-b-que pit in the backyard, or for the doublewide that they live in, or the mounds of old cars in his backyard that always has a part to help a friend out - all for the price of a beer and a pizza. These are true rednecks, and they are some of the best people that I've ever met.

Did they want to go Outback or to olive Garden for repayment for helping me out? No, Waffle House was great with them. I'll take them over the stuck-up elitist pain-in-the-ass doctors that I deal with at work - anyday!

Reply to
The Rebel

Small world... I'm the "Captain Redneck" of the company I fly for... Irmo (Lexington County) SC.. FROM the Charlotte NC area.. but bought a house (without wheels :-) ) here in 2001

Reply to
Chuck

Holy Christ - I use to live in North Columbia near Fort Jackson and was the founder and president of the 'Central Carolina Classic Car Club' from

1995-2000; we would have 2 cars shows a year - one in Columbia, and one in Irmo with several cruise-ins during the summer. On top of that, I use to own a Cessna 150 based at the Lexington/Cacye airport.

I have several friends that live in Irmo - they tell me that Harbison (around Columbiana) has become even more of a pain in the ass to drive thru since I left in 2000. Since then, the 2 top senile senators of the nation have stepped down (Strom and Fritz), the Confederate Flag taken down from the top of the statehouse and placed in front of the statehouse with 4 lights shining on it, Marice Bessinger's bar-b-que sauce is not available nationwide anymore, and I miss listening to 'John Boy and Billy' on Rock

102.3.

Thanks for letting me know taht there are still RAMFM'ers in the palmetto state.

Reply to
The Rebel

Company I'm with has FBO there..

Oh yeah.. I can vouch for that... BUT anything you could need is found on Harbison.. ..

Listen to it/them every morning on the way home to New friarsgate..

Like I said... small world... Chuck Lear 25, 35, Mu2

Reply to
Chuck