Has anyone bought 50resto's leather or vinyl upholstery

Particularly, for 87-93? I like the look of the "custom" upholstery kit that they list for $569 (vinyl) or $899 (leather). But I hate to buy it sight-unseen, unless I can at least get feedback from others who have bought it.

They also have a cheaper kit $369 (vinyl) and $699 (leather) but it doesn't look nearly as nice.

John

Reply to
John Vannoy

$899? "Kit" or complete brand new seats? I'm thinking you could probably buy good aftermarket seat for that price.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

For 899 can you say Recaro?

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I think thats front and rear. I know a lot of the aftermarket seats are nice, but if the backs don't match its instant rice in my book. :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

The prices quoted, no matter what make, will be much higher for leather. Personally, I just sold my Pontiac Firebird GTA with leather seats. NEVER again! The heat buildup in the car, etc, ruined the leather in a short period of time, and it was going to cost about 1200 per seat to redo. Same for the leather wrapped steering wheel. And believe me, I used protectant, etc.

My 65 Fastback will be sporting a set, most likely, of FloFits. Not the stockers though. I am looking at the Scott Drake licensed, or the M-Detail. Both are in the under 1500 range, but look really great. For example, the M-Detail pattern the seams etc the same way as original.

The stock FloFits have seams running at right angles to original. So your front and rear seating does not match.

M-Detail, and I believe the same ids true for Scott Drake seats, buys the seats as the frame and cushi>Particularly, for 87-93?

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

I've always hated leather. And now that I own a car with leather I hate it even more.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I have leather in my 4.5 year old Tahoe and they're in great shape (almost like new). It's the only vehicle I've ever had with leather, but I can't imagine it without it.

What I really want is a set of reproduction cloth upholstery for my car.

50resto has been saying for many moons now that it's "coming soon..." In the absence of cloth, one of the vinyl kits is my only choice. (And believe me, if you saw my seats, you'd agree that I gotta get something. The cloth is literally worn *slick*)

These are the ones I like:

John

Reply to
John

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Correct, those prices are front & rear.

Reply to