Hatch latch thingie (90LX)

I do not know how you call the pin-looking thingie the hatch latch grabs to lock the hatch, but I think I may need a new one:

Is that a dealer-only item or I can get it anywhere?

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares

Mauricio Tavares opined in news:d1n1j5$mo8$ snipped-for-privacy@spnode25.nerdc.ufl.edu:

Ummm...I think it's called a "Striker"

They are sometimes found in the common "Help" sections of parts stores or maybe NAPA.. SHOULD be at dealer.

But there are hundreds of thousands in scrap yards

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You definitely need a new one because the plastic sleeve is broken. Some thing happened to my LX. After spending too much time screwing around on line I went to the local dealer. Although I only needed the sleeve I had to buy the pin as well.

Good luck.

ps-I think the cost was under $20.

Reply to
Dave Combs