Haven't done anything to my Mustang in a while

I have an '02 GT convert. I stopped thinking about adding anything for a while, because I was too hot and bothered by the '05's.

But I realize that blue-book on my car is garbage, and I won't be buying an '05 anytime soon. So time to spend some money on the car I do have! :-)

Alot of links I have in my bookmarks to Mustang aftermarket stuff are dead.

I was checking out mwspeedshop.com.

Anyone here have the side scoop inserts? How do they look installed? Got any pictures?

Reply to
Anonymous

It's OK. Ask any old timer car guy or gal if they knew then what some of the cars they've had were going to be worth, they'd never have parted with them.

I recently saw a 1956 Crown Victoria like one of my first cars... which cost me about $450 in 1966. The car was selling for $14,000.

I turned down a Barracuda just like Nash Bridges' for $6,000 a few years ago with under 20,000 original miles from the only owner it has ever had. It needed some work, but nothing serious.

In 1970, I returned from Vietnam and purchased a 1965 Mustang Fastback

2+2 with 289 2bbl V8. It cost me $1000 and was mint.

In 1971, I sold it in order to get married. (My uncle bought it for half what I paid. Thirteen years later, the marriage ended. My cousin is still driving that car. Now there is a lesson....: ) LOL

In late 2003, I bought a 1966 Mustang Fastback in reasonably good condition for $14,000. Six months later, Jan 2004, I sold it for what I paid for it because I found a 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 289 4bbl original A Code with original front disc brakes and an original console. Of course the engine was semi-disassembled, the grill was gone, a fender was missing, and it had been sitting for about 13 years. That cost $9,000. The restoration has added approximately (the final bill isn't in yet) another $9,000 and nearly a year and a half of my life. Add to that maybe another $5-8,000 worth of mods I want to make to it (audio-video system, modern seating , suspension upgrades, etc, etc, etc). All, that, to essentially have the car I could have kept for the original $1000, and a few thousand more for mods/upgrades and maintenance through the years.

But who knew back then that what was essentially designed to be a secretary's car was going to be so hot on the market 40 years later. You may be the owner of the next collector car. The car the average person can no longer afford to buy. And Blue Book said those cars weren't worth squat as they aged.

But, unless you're like Jay Leno or somebody with big bucks, it's impractical to buy and hold a car as an investment. You should take care of a car in order to enjoy it. And if it works out that some day, when you want to sell, you find the value is sky high... so much the better.

As for your car parts... I recommend you get the LateModel Restorati>I have an '02 GT convert. I stopped thinking about adding anything

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike