head swap

Is it possible to switch out a set of 351C heads onto a 289? Is a bolt-up thing or do modifications need to be made for it to work? Would it even be practical? Just curious, thanks!!!

Cody

Reply to
Cody B

Water passages have to be changed new holes and blocked holes. Cleveland head bolts are larger than 289/Windsor bolts, not sure how that applies. You will need exhaust manifolds/headers for the Cleveland.

I wouldn't waist my time doing that to two barrel heads. It is my opinion that all of the Nay-Sayers who say the 4 barrel heads are not street-able or lack in low rpm torque have never driven a Cleveland with 4bbl heads... Mine froths all 4 gears, until you let up :-)

It really depends on what you are trying to do with the engine and how much it will end up costing you to have the heads modified.

Reply to
351CJ

What about Windsor heads? Easier fit, less power?

Reply to
Cody B