headlight help needed

just bought a '98 & i'd like to replace the headlights. they are really cloudy looking. i was thinking of getting the crystal clear ones instead of the type that came on the 98's. looked to see if i could remove the lights myself, but not sure whats involved. looks like 4 screws. any suggestions? thanx......T T

Reply to
T T

cprice

I would also recommend getting a repair manual, but usually you can go to your local library and print off for free which sections you'll need. I've used a Haynes, but I wasn't very happy with it.

1998 Mustang Cobra Convertible My Dream Became a Reality...
BURNiNATOR

The screws are for aiming. You have to remove the corner lamps and then depress the little plastic tabs on the things the screws go into while pulling forward on the headlamp. It's a bit of a pain.

I got '98 cobra head lamps (aftermarket) they are pretty good. I got most of the performance increase from using good bulbs and putting in relays so the lamps got full battery/alt power.

Ford's headlamp design isn't that great, so if you just stay away from the riceboy stuff you shouldn't end up with something worse beam pattern wise.

Reply to
Brent P