Headlight Replacement Followup

A few months ago I queried the group about replacing the hazed and crazed headlights in our 2000 Mustang Convertible. Prices ranged crazily from $100 to over $300 for what looked to be the same lights.

I settled on X3Racing Supplies, on Ebay. (See them here:

) Their selection was great (likethree different styles of headlights for my '00 Stang), their pricesreasonable (a bit over $100 for a pair, plus shipping -- WAY cheaperthan OEM), and they seemed to be the predominant supplier on Ebay. They arrived within a week -- broken. We refused delivery from Fed Ex (they were obviously crushed in the truck -- not X3Racing's fault), and -- after a few emails back and forth -- X3Racing sent another set of lights, without question.

They are AWESOME. I didn't realize it, but the headlights in our Mustangs come out by removing two (count 'em: 2) sliding pins, and I had the old ones out within thirty seconds. The new ones were an exact fit -- no futzing around at all -- and (after swapping the bulbs from old-to-new) I had the new headlights installed in another 30 seconds.

They look great, fit great, and, wow, what a difference in lighting it makes to have clear lenses again! It's literally like night and day... I can highly recommend X3Racing.

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA

2000 Mustang Convertible
"Your Aviation Destination"
Reply to
Jay Honeck

And which style did you buy?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The black-bordered ones. My 17-year-old son wanted me to get the smoked/black ones, but they aren't DOT approved, and I didn't feel like getting pulled over after two beers because my headlights were too dim...

;-)

-- Jay Honeck Iowa City, IA

2000 Mustang Convertible
"Your Aviation Destination"
Reply to
Jay Honeck

I have used chrome polish on a foam disk that attaches to a power drill with excellent results. It removes the haze after about 15-20 minutes of buffing per headlight. Just don't get carried away or you will melt something.

Reply to
Michael Johnson