Headliner bows in 65 fastback

Hi,

Does anyone know the correct order in which to place the three headliner bows in a '65 fastback. Each is supposed to have a different colour of paint on one end to help identify it. I have one bow with pink, one with a yellowish green and the paint on the third one has been completely worn off. As always, thanks in advance for any help.

Richard '68 Royal Maroon fastback '65 Shelby clone fastback (in progress)

Reply to
Canadian Musclecars

the service manual says pink to rear, gray in the middle, and bronze in front. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

Thanks to all who answered. Actually, both Bill and Chip seem to have been right in a way. The longest rod does seem to fit best in the middle position. In the case of my car, however, that is the rod on which I thought the paint was worn off but, after having red Chip's post, I looked at it more closely, and that could be gray paint. I put the pink rod at the back and, by elimination, the other rod, which is shorter than the one I put in the middle, at the front. Now, I may have mistaken the colours on my middle rod, but there is no way I could have mistaken green for bronze. The colour on my last remaining rod is definitely a yellowish-green. At any rate, the rods are in and threaded through the listings. I have cut the listings what I consider to be enough to make the seams nice and smooth. All I have to do now is work up the courage to start contact-cementing the thing to the four sides. Since the front and rear glass are NOT out of the car, I know I'll have to be extra-careful with this but, as one poster on a "how-to" website said: "At $29 a pop, I can afford to screw up a few headliners before I get this right." In the meantime, if anyone has any last minute pointers, I can use the help. I should be whipping out the contact cement tomorrow (Saturday) and seeing how it goes. I will let you know how it winds up.

Richard

Reply to
Canadian Musclecars

use a popsicle stick to tuck it under the front and rear window seals. i did mine with the glass out so i could lap it and trim it later. stretch it evenly and not too tight. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein