Heads question *rush*

I have an 84 gt HO original block.......I changed only the pushrods and lifters.....all brand new seals....

I have the opportunity to get a set of heads from a 93.....I do not know if it is an LX or GT, they are stock. With new seals....Yadda yadda

Can I just swap them onto my block....will I gain from this.....are these heads good!

Thanks for all the help guys

Rick

Reply to
Rick

The dude just told me that are from his GT.....

How do i know they really are form the 93 GT

Is there a casting number I can look for?

Thanks

Reply to
Rick

As far as I know, anything from an '88-up Mustang or '87-up truck should have casting number E7TE somewhere on the head. It's better than your '84 head, but not sure how much, or if the gains will be all that noticable.

If they're free or next to free, though, it's probably worth it.

JS

Reply to
JS

Don't waste your time, not much gain there. Alot of work for nothing, stock for stock...

Serge

Reply to
Serge

'93 heads are E7TE's. I think they are not much different than the '84's. 86 heads are way different and not as suited to modifi- cations as they require valve reliefs. In the pistons. These were used only in 86. 87-93 heads(except) Cobra GT40 heads are all the same. E7TE's do have smaller combustion chambers so you will increase your compression ratio gaining you some more power. Your '84's net around 8.4 to 1. The E7TE's will make more like 9.0 to 1. If you can get Heads from a 5.0 Explorer, (I'm not sure of the years they were made) they are called GT40p's. These are great low- buck production heads. Note that they must be drilled out for the thermactor lines (back of head) and they feature revised spark plug angles so they are not compatible with most aftermarket headers. They are kind of popular, so there are headers made for them by Mac and FRPP (Ford motorsport). They can be purchased new pre drilled for thermactor from companies that advertise in most of the Mustang magazines.

Reply to
Caplanh

if they are cheap and in good condition look for casting # E7TE. they came on 87-95 mustang 5.0's, shave them .030 and remove the bumps and sharp edges in the ports,lap the valves then use felpro 1011-2 head gaskets. you'll see a noticable gain in performance.

Reply to
winze

"winze" wrote in a message:

The best stock 302 head is the DOOE's. Have hardened seats installed for unleaded fuel, and have a 3 angle valve job done on them, and gasket match & polish the ports.

Reply to
GEB