Heater and AC problem

Greetings, Whether in heat or AC mode, I only get air blowing through the vents for about 10 minutes. After that, air just seems to puff out of the vents even after turning the fan on full blast. I hear the fan pushing but I don't feel much air coming from the vents. This is on a 95 V6. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
JC in PQ

There is a very small black plastic tube that runs from the heater box to the vacuum "T" next to the brake master cylinder on the back of the firewall. It is VERY common for these to get brittle and break either on the line itself or on the rubber fitting at the end. If the line is broken you can purchase very small vacuum hose to slide over the two broken pieces to repair, if the fitting is broken drill out the broken piece and superglue the tube back into it. Without vacuum the heater will default to the defrost position and give very little air out the vents.

Good Luck Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

check the vacume lines

hurc ast