Heater Core Replacement

Any comments / advice on replacing a heater core in a 1990 Mustang? (with broken A/C, 5 litre engine).

Any help appreciated - thanks.

Reply to
Dan

Take it to the dealer :-) NEVER again will I do that job.

///Mike TS #63

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars - Newly updated
Reply to
TurboMike

Remove console, remove dash, remove heater box, replace core. Install is reverse of removal. Expect to waste most of a day, use every metric socket you own and invent new expletives and contort your body better than a yoga master.

Actually, you don't need to remove the dash just loosen it and pull it away from the cowl enough to get the heater box out to work on it. I've done it three times on various cars. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Use new heater hoses and grease the outside of the water pipes before installing the new hose.

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

Reply to