Hello all! How I miss my Mustang!

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I been to this newsgroup!

I used to be the proud owner of 1993 black gt with 3.73 gears and a A-Trim Vortec :-). That was my baby for so many years until grandma crushed it and it was totalled. It has about 95k original miles on it and boy did her insurance stick it to me.

Anyways, I'm possibly back on the market for another mustang but this time I want to get my dream mustang with t-tops. Of course that limits me to 87 and part of 88 (Don't like the dash boards of a 86). Anyways, I found one at a dealer for a pretty good price and the odometer reads 91k miles. The dealer says they won't run the carfax and I was hoping someoneh as one of those $25 for a month carfax things going and could plug this in for me. If no one has one thats ok.

How many peopel have t-top 5.0s that don't leak?

Vin: 1FABP42E7HF138749

Thanks!

--C

Reply to
Cameron
*Over the glasses look*

Hey, don't be such a cheapskate.

Why do people come in here in with "Will you run a carfax for me?"

If you're car shopping, you wil llikely need more than carfax report. Spend the $25 and get your own subscription.

Next thing you know it will be "Hey buddy, can I run a TV cable from your house to mine? It's already paid for... right!"

Someone pays their subscription - for their own use - why do it for a freeloader for nothing?

You could at least offer to PayPal a guy five bucks or something for a one time thing.

Just my grumpy opinion, you can let it make you mad or you can carry your own weight.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Lol, at least it's nice to see that some things in life never change. There will always be negative, bunk people trolling the forums. That type of thing stopped bothering me a long time ago.

I agree and disagree with you on your comments. You are correct that someone shouldn't look at 30 cars and expect people on here to run the carfax on all of them. However, back when I was looking at many mustangs I got the 1 month unlimited thing and ran carfaxes for everyone I could. It made me feel like I got my moneys worth.

I'm not sure what you mean with "you wil llikely need more than carfax report". If your shopping for 20 year old mustangs and don't have clue about old cars or mechanics then I would recomend taking someone that does with you to the car lot!

I'm sure someone helpful will come along. Until then have fun driving your mustangs!

Reply to
Cameron

You may not find Carfax very useful for a 20 year old mustang. I ran one on my 1989 just out of curiosity and it came up with almost nothing on it. It didn't pick up an accident I had in it years ago, the latest odometer reading it reported was over ten years old, and many other details on the report were either wrong or missing. You will be much better off putting a few more dollars with your $25 and having a good mechanic inspect it.

Arlie Cooper

Reply to
Blue Gator

Yeah its definitly a hit or miss with the carfax. I think thats dependant on where the car has been all its life and if that area has emmision checks year or inspections. If there is no emmision or inspection checks then there is probably zilch on there.

When I pull up what it will show you for free it shows 6 records, so this is probably the case on this mustang. My 93 had the mileage listed in carfax every year, so there was tons of records on there.

Reply to
Cameron

I owned an '87 with T-Tops that I factory ordered and ended up ordering an '89 with a sunroof two years later. The T-Tops are nice but for a daily driver they were more than I could stand. They leak, need constant care (i.e. liberal, frequent doses of silicon spray/vasoline) and the wind noise at the window seals at highway speeds will eventually drive you insane. Other than that they were great!

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Will be a once a week driver on a nice day like my '93 mustang was. If I dont find a t-top I'll most likely go with a convertable '87-92. I'm not sure why I like the look of the mustang so much, but I sure do.

I've never owned one with t-tops but I always suspected that they leaked terribly or ford would still be making them.

Do they come with a place to store the t-t>>

Reply to
Cameron

just buy my 88 coupe with 58k miles and cut t tops into it... it will be a

1 of a kind then... my car is super clean 59k miles!!!!

J. Sprauer

and super cheap?

Reply to
Cameron

Reply to
rod

That is indeed spectacular looking, so that means its probably way out of my price range!

Reply to
Cameron

odid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos>

Reply to
J. Sprauer

Dang it boy! All this sunshine and bluebirds singing... what are you trying to do, pull me out of a full blown grouch attack? Now cut that out!

Doggone kids anyway.

I hate kids.

Mumble, Grumble, snarl, snark

Oh but FOR THE RECORD I may be crankly at times but I am NOT a troll. Been hanging out at this joint for years kid. Now shaddap and buy me a cuppa coffee.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

You nailed it, Cameron. Kate's a Jeep-drivin' interloper, who's been trolling this newsgroup for years. Even claims to have once had a Cobra, but traded it in for her "superior" Jeep.

Folks have been trying to chase her away for a long time.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:s9OdnWqvhdjG70TenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Wow. And I thought you gave up trolling, dwight. ;)

Reply to
Joe

When they are out it is a great ride. That's when the car was quiet with no T-Top related noise. :)

They came with one slightly padded plastic pouch for each top. There was a strap in the hatch that tied them in place while driving. I would just put one behind each front seat most of the time.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"dwight" wrote : >

: > Oh but FOR THE RECORD I may be crankly at times but I am NOT a troll. : > Been hanging out at this joint for years kid. Now shaddap and buy me a : > cuppa : > coffee. : >

: > Kate : : You nailed it, Cameron. Kate's a Jeep-drivin' interloper, who's been : trolling this newsgroup for years. Even claims to have once had a Cobra, but : traded it in for her "superior" Jeep. : : Folks have been trying to chase her away for a long time. : : dwight

Awww c'mon de-wight!

If I left, you'd miss me. Admit it. I am a shameless woman with a dirty nasty little Jeep out in the garage. Food for thought:

Top 10 clues that you might be a JEEPER

  1. A new dent in the sheetmetal actually straightened out a few other dents, or you reckon it adds character.

  1. You know a minimum of three 1-800 numbers to aftermarket off-road businesses by heart.

  2. You are on a first-name basis with the guys at every local auto parts store.

  1. You want to take things apart and rebuild them,even if they are not broken.

  2. You have the monetary equivalent of a mercedes sedan invested, but your vehicle still looks like crap.

  1. You consider starting a vehicle five times in any given minute a routine procedure.

  2. You own a vehicle that weighs 1000 pounds more than when it came off the assembly line.

  1. You look for Jeeps in movies and tv shows and try to identify the model and date of manufacture.

  2. You are the type of person who immediately goes "postal" if you sit in a highway traffic jam for more than five minutes, yet you can spend six hours driving a total of one and a half miles and consider it a form of relaxation.

  1. You understand a Jeep is a way of life, not just a means of transportation.

Hmm.... makes you kinda scratch your head, sounds just like a Mustang owner too except for teh dent part. See, it's not so different after all LOL

BUT Jeep Chicks Rule! ;¬D

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Kate no longer has the Cobra? I truly have been away for a long while.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

I traded her in last September. Now I am playing in the mud.

It all started when this police officer pulled me over, yelled at me "If you want to drive like that, go do in in your own front yard!!" Well, since my front yard is about 4 acres that are usually pretty wet, I got to thinking, and the more I thought the more I decided he was right.

So, I got something I could play in my own yard in... here's a photo of me playing in my own BACK yard

And one I got in North Carolina before she got all dirty
So yep, I went over to the dark and dirty side.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate