hello from france need a little help about "anti -theft ignition"

many thanks for those who have already help me on my MUSTANG 2002 GT ,( following a little car crash) the anti -theft light blinks , engines cranks but no running what is the exact procedure (could you write simply , because my english understanding is limited) When browsing this subject on the group , there is a lot things but i'don't understand it and don't know if it is the same on a 2002

i've tried a lot of combinaison of switching the doors or turn the key no results at all ....

is there another ignition security ?? any others switch? anything else ?? this car is not imported in EUROPE so , no dealer knows it

many thanks i'm alone and i've spent a lot of time on this miserable problem jacques / PARIS

Reply to
jeepystar

Look under the dash on the driver's side. There should be a small module under there with a reset button it. It may be near the center console, and is sometimes difficult to locate.

Once you find the little box with the button, push the button. It should reset your security system.

Another thing to check is in the rear of the car, on the driver's side. In the trunk / boot. There may be a reset switch. It is usually hidden under the trunk liner. Sometimes after a collision they will need to be reset.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

what i would check first is the fuel pump shut off reset in the trunk. it is a safety device that shuts off the fuel pump system if you are in a crash. look in the owners manual and it will show it i think. see if you have any pressure in your fuel rail, before messing with electronics.

Reply to
joe

hello tks for your help i've spend several hours on the car , nothing at all the reset switch in the trunk is ok i' ve not seen the ignition module where is it on the left or right the steering shaft ?

best regards / jacques

Reply to
jeepystar

Do you have more then one key and if so have you tried both keys?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

hello tks for response i've only one key the precedent owner has confirm that he always used this key i do precise that the hood , the lights , are broken and remove pehaps the car has theft sensors in this area ???

crazy security !!!! what's lot of hours lost for no result

Reply to
jeepystar

If the only alarm or security system on the car is the blinking light in the dash I don't think it will have any sensors anywhere. The blinking light just means the special key system is working. When you put the key in the computer "reads" the key and that tells the computer it's an authorized key. If it doesn't think it's an authorized key it will crank but not start, as you know.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

ok tks why the computer reads an unauthorized key ? it is the only key i own and the prevously owner too

i do precise that when the engine cranks the theft light is hardly red ( not blinking)

stupid electronic did the key lost its code ?

Reply to
jeepystar

That sounds just like the self test. When I start my '97 with my wallet key, which is just a regular key to open the doors/trunk in case I lock my keys inside, it starts, dies immediately and the theft light blinks. If your key was not being recognized you should see similiar behavior.

Now, in the trunk, there is a reset button. This is a fuel pump cut out. If the car gets a big enough jolt, this switch cuts off the fuel. Did you locate it and press the button? If not, do so.

Reply to
Brent P

I'm pretty sure the newer ones, not sure of the cutover date, will not start at all, they just crank. I would try it on my 99 but it's parked where I can't get to my hidden key.

However, jeepystar, I did an experiment that may help you figure out whether it's a key problem or some other problem. Do this and see what happens...

1 - open the door and get in the car and see if the THEFT light blinks slowly. It should. 2 - put your key in the ignition and turn it to the RUN position but don't try and start it, just turn it to RUN. All the warning lights should come on including THEFT. The THEFT light will just be steady on for a few seconds and then it will go out and stay out. The rest of the warning lights will stay on because you have not started the car.

After I did the above I took some tinfoil from my hat and wrapped it around the plastic top of the Security Key to shield it from the receiver. When I do the above and get to step 2 instead of the THEFT light going out it blinks very rapidly. So my guess is if your security system is your problem you should be able to tell by what happens in step 2. If the theft light goes out but the car won't start there is probably some other problem, not the security system. But if in step 2 the light stays on and starts blinking very rapidly your car may have forgotten your key code. I'm not sure there is any way to fix that other then to take it to a dealer or a lock shop that has the programming computer to reprogram keys. It takes almost half an hour to reprogram a key. I think they made it purposely slow so a thief can't do it fast.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher