Hello Group

Just scanning group, wanted to say hey.

87 mustang Gt vert, no major mods to engine. First Car 81 straight six, second 88 lx 5.0 auto. For the last 12 years my 87 Gt vert stick has been my baby. Extrude honed upper and lower stock intake thats about the only engine mod I made. Suspension done, exhaust from headers back done, Rear Built, Just wainting for the motor to loose power or burn oil before I can have an excuse to do something. 120k still strong. Great group intresting so far!
Reply to
Hooked 87

headers

Hello, Hooked.

I know how those '87s are. I was an original owner of an '87 LX

5-speed 5.0 hatch. Drove it for 11 years (up to '98), then finally sold it to buy what I have now. My old LX had headers, x-pipe, 3.55.s, Eibach springs, MM C/C plates, pullies, Pro 5.0 shifter, and a 2 1/2 cat back. It still ran high 13's on street tires when it had 100,000 miles on it.

How did the Extrude Honing the intake help performance? Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

I got the extrude for a steal on e-pray. I took a gamble and it paid off. I don't have the numbers to back it up, but you can feel it in you seat. To have them extrude it cost (at that time) $250 each part plus shipping. This guy I purchased it from was running in the stock catagory and had to keep his intake stock. Anyway I got it for $150 upper and lower shipped to my house. I took it to a machine shop and had it plained just incase (another $45) and it has been great for 6 years. According to the nubers in 5.0 mag at the, the stock extrude honed was running the same volume as the stock gt 40 (except one runner). I have been happy mainly due to what I didn't pay for the service. If I was buying one I would just go with larger runners (Holly) and not worry about the extra 15-40 flow numbers.

My 88 lx was strong but and auto. I had to put 3.73 in the rear to wake it up. Bought it for 9k drove it for 100k more, sold it for 3k with 120k miles on it. Never had to repair engine, did have the trans overhauled at 45k under warranty.

Reply to
Hooked 87