Hello Phoenix

I'm heading out to Phoenix this weekend to watch some race cars and thought I'd drop a line to see if any of the Phoenix area RAMFM'ers are planning on the same. Drop me a line or reply here!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Tom

Where are you going to watch the cars, Firebird Raceway?

Are you going to the Pavillions car show in Scottsdale on Saturday night?

Hank Phoenix

Reply to
Hank

I'm going to Firebird one day and Speedworld the other. I don't know anything about the Pavillions thing. Where is it and what's the show for?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Every Saturday evening the Scottsdale Pavillions turns into one huge car show. It's pretty neat I have been several times. Since you will be in the area you should definitely check it out.

Hm I had planned on installing a new injector harness, maf conversion, timing chain and cam this weekend so I probably won't be around with my car (:

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

To follow upon what Andy stated,:

The Pavillions is supposed to be the largest, longest running year round car show. It is put on by McDonalds who hires the DJ. There are normally 400-500 cars passing through between 3pm and 9pm Saturday nights. It is informal, no trophies or classes. Just a place to show off the vehicles and talk car talk.

Pavillions is located just off the East Side 101 at Indian Bend Road (NOT Indian School) in Scottsdale. Look for Best Buy and McDonalds.

I thought Speedworld got shut down last week for noise complaints?

Off topic: AZ Ren Faire starts this weekend in Apache Junction. We're going Sunday. This weekend is two for one admission.

Hank Phoenix

Reply to
Hank

Here's the website:

No, it's AMP (Arizona Motorsports Park) that got closed:

Reply to
ih8tspam2

OK, I just got off the phone with Tom. The plan as it sits is to hit Firebird on Saturday for the NHRA action, and Speedworld for the PSCA stuff on Sunday. Anyone want to go? Post here.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here actually met Rick and lived to tell about it? I mean, surely he's not a serial killer posing as a big giant Ford brainiac just to lure unsuspecting Ford freaks to his lair and, well.... you get the picture.

So, if nobody ever hears from me again, you know what happened.

{;-)

P.S. - Don, if I don't survive, you can have the Stang.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

It's not Rick you have to worry about; it's that varmint CobraJet.

So far, I've met with 5 people from this and the other newsgroup, and I've let them all live. But then again, tomorrow's another day.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

CobraJet

BTW, my buddy Ed with the 5 T-Bird Super Coupes (and now a 2001 GT convertible) is going with us Sunday.

psst! hey Don. What's it worth to you? We gots lots of desert around here . They'll never find Tom in a million years.

Reply to
CobraJet

Of great, now you tell me.

Can anyone corroborate this assertion?

Hmmm.... maniacal laughter? Does anyone hear scary, forboding music being played in the background?

Cool, sounds like a blast! I managed to extract a V6 Vert from Budget to use as my weekend chariot. Man, this weather ROCKS!!

Geez, now I hope Don doesn't see this thread.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

Think I should forward it to him?

WEG

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I have a problem ratting out my other self sometimes.

OK, you caught me. I killed them all.

That would be Concerto for a Snake in A minor.

Good thing. I don't associate with anybody driving a GM product, unless it's stolen and they are about to run it into a bridge abuttment at speed.

Come back in July and say that.

He already emailed me, but failed to meet the reserve price for my services.

However, I might be able to find a local who will ante up so's he can snag your rental car. We'll see.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I'll take a 5-speed please.

They make pretty good 'round town and back-and-forth-to-work cars. Comfy and still sporty when they need to be. Pain in the ass to work on though.

JS

Reply to
JS

One is rodded with infoparts gleaned from the Super Coupe forum. It runs mid-13's at the track with an automatic. Ed is one of those guys who can't spell his way out of a closet, but can take anything mechanical apart and put it together better without the use of a manual or instructions (hey, who can drive a spelling book, any way?). Watch him yank these motors down and back up in the car and you'll wonder what you were bitching about.

He's been trying to catch up to me on car count. When I countered his '97 Expedition with a primo '67 Mercury 390 Commuter (a *real* SUV), he bagged a Ranger for a parts beater. This prompted me to snag a '72 F-250 Camper Special 390 (soon to be 460). Undaunted, he swung a deal on the '01 GT convertible (notice I'm allergic to the term "vert"). Hmm. I fought back a couple weeks ago by procuring a cherry '64 Fairlane 500 289 Ranch Wagon. His back-shelf SHO Taurus remains unanswered as I have yet to find a Merkur XR4ti.

Now, he has brought in reinforcements. His almost-16yo son now has his own SC T-Bird. Damn. GM-wise, Ed has a line on a black '79 Trans Am with the 6.6-Litre (that would be a 403 Olds, Fordophiles) shaker scoop T-top combo. If that materializes, I may be forced to scare up another

4-4-2.

Yes, we are sick puppies. At least I'm ahead by 8 or 9 cars at 26.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Heh... Some poeple are like that. I liked my SC. Bought it cheap... then it broke a motor mount and took out the power steering line in the process... so I sold it cheaper. The kid I sold it to had it fixed by an ex-Ford mechanic who swore to never again work on one of those cars. I'd still kinda like to have another... only buy a better one this time. $1200 doesn't get you too far for a car in the NE.

Sounds like you guys have a good war going on. I like the SHO too (earlier V6 5-speeds only).. but I'd rather have an SC 5-speed in good condition.

I think you're winning, even if you were at the same number. I'd take the stuff you have over what he has any day of the week.

Lol... you enjoy yourselves, that's what matters. Guy at work has one of those turbo Trans Ams (was it a 4.9? not big on those cars) and thinks it's the absolute best thing in the world. Dogs... and very unreliable at that. One with a 403 Olds would be a screamer though.

JS

Reply to
JS

Yikes, I think I'd better move out of AZ and AWAY from CobraJet!

Reply to
ih8tspam2

I'm a stick man, too, primarily. Ed builds transmissions for a living, and he's more into the slushboxes.

And I bet you don't know about my "other" stuff.

You can say that again.

All those marked with 6.6 on the scoop are Olds engines. The 403 is the largest of the short deck versions, with the big blocks starting at

400 inches. They run much better, IMO, than Pontiac mills. A lot of the rare-these-days Pontiac Can Am colonnade coupes had 6.6's in them, also.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

"Nowhere to run; nowhere to hide"

Reply to
CobraJet

To each their own. I like to shift my own gears. If I had a dedicated drag car, I'd back it up with a fully manual automatic... that sounds like quite the oxymoron.

Haven't heard about 'em... no. I know you have a Crown Vic as you were talking about it a few posts ago... ex-HP? What else you have of interest (any make/miodel)

We keep tellin him to dump that turbo thing (turbo's been dead for a long time anyway) and drop a big block in it. He doesn't want to listen to it. His wife wouldn't let him anyway.

Never even heard of the latter. My dad was/is a Chevy guy (nowadays he could care less, he just wants to buy a new truck every three years to get him back and forth and to haul the occasional load of lumber)... used to talk about his Camaro and his Impala SS convertible. I never really got into 'em much though.

So what's a Can Am colonnade coupe?

JS

Reply to
JS

In addition to the others I mentioned:

'63 Ford Galaxie Country Sedan Wagon 390 '64 Mercury Marauder 390 '65 Olds Starfire 425 '66 Mercury Colony Park Wagon 410 '67 Mercury Cyclone GT Convertible 410 '67 Mercury Cougar 289 '68 GT/California Special Mustang 289 '68 Ford Torino GT 390 '68 Olds 4-4-2 400 '69 Ford Mustang 302 '69 Mercury Cougar XR-7 428CJ '69 Mercury Cyclone CJ 428CJ '69 Ford Fairlane Cobra 428CJ (stick) '69 Ford Fairlane Cobra 428CJ (auto) '69 Plymouth Satellite 383HP '70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429CJ '70 Ford Torino GT 351C '70 Plymouth Road Runner 440HP

Get the picture?

That last sentence is one of the most disgusting things in the world. Might as well cut off his balls, 'cuz he don't need 'em any more, anyway.

I get the hives from Chevys.

A real rarity, and one of the few Ponchos I liked back then:

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet