Help buying 1988 GT.....

I'm thinking of buying a 1988 Mustang GT. (purchased in 1987) from it's original owner.

It's in excellent condition. Kept in garage.Not a scratch. It is all original excepting Kelly HR tires.

35K original miles on od. Ext-.Black on Titanium w/red stripe. Int.-Red/Black. T5 Tranny,PW/PDL/PM/RWD/tilt wheel/cruise/factory sunroof/AMFM Cass. Air Cond.(not working)

The owner is asking for 11k$ Since there aren't many cars like this one in this condition let alone for sale does this sound like a fair price?

I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Mustang experts.

Thanks, Jack... Rochester,NY...

Reply to
Jaxx

Seems high. There are alot of 1988 out there...

Idao

AC will cost $1,500 have to go to the 134a stuff. There were too many 5.0's made, in my view only modified (blown) ones 87 to

93 are worth anything, to spend $$ to keep up. A normal 88 is worth about $1,000 or so.

Checkout autotrader on line for $11k you can get a lot of used car, like a

2000-2002 mustang that is only 5 years old instead of almost 20. (and the plastic parts outgass and go bad... .)
Reply to
Finhead

"Hi Jack, it's me - your cousin Rob..."

That's too much for an '88.

That $$ will buy a lot of later model car.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

All good suggestions here. Too much for the car, checking autotrader on-line you'll find some very close to that (up your mileage to search) for about

1/2 the price. Even better Restomods (5 bolt wheels, bigger brakes, supercharger ect) for less.
Reply to
walt peifer

Interesting,

I didn't know I had a cousin Rob!