help help help

hey everyone.. i got this problem for yall to pick on, recently i have this problem , where i have to jump start like every two or three day , i have it check and the tech say everything is good(battery, starter , etc.), they suggest because i have a 1000watt sound sys . it may be that the alternator can't handle it.. but isn't a 2001 v6 mustang have 110 amp of juice... what do yall think..

Reply to
jimmy nguyen

Is the battery draining when the vehicle is parked for only a few days?

If so, did you connect the amplifier to run all the time or did you remember to connect the 'turn on' signal so the amp only runs when the key is in the 'run' or 'accessory' position?

Just a thought

Steve

jimmy nguyen wrote:

Reply to
steve

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

I had a really similar problem in my jeep. I have an mtx amp driving 2 Kenwood 10's. I replaced the starter, the alternator, and the battery. About every 3 days or so, same thing, wont turn over. Anyway, after going absolutely nuts. It turned out that the amp, when not properly grounded, would draw from the battery. Strange as it may sound, I cleaned the ground connections to my amp and all problems were fixed. The Jeep rarely has a top on it as I live in Florida so it became corroded again and did the same thing a second time. I cleaned it and everything was fine, and works to this day. So,,,, I am absolutely sure, that a bad ground on some amps can drain your battery. A simple way to check and see if you have a load on the battery with the car off, is to remove either battery cable and put it back on. If you get an spark at all you are drawing juice from somewhere. I hope this helps because it baffled me and I am an electronics tech for a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
KellyJ

Disconnect the stereo for a few days. Duh. :op

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]