Help me diagonise

Hello,

I own a 91 Ford mustang 2.3L since year 2000 and never had major problems. However, yesterday when I was just about to get out of the parking lot the engine just stopped as though I turned of ignition myself. Nothing worked and because the light didnt come on when I opened the door, I suspected a broken battery connection. I checked on the battery but it looked fine. After a while when I tried to push the car back into a parking spot I just thought of giving it a final try, at it worked as though it had no problems.

I am scared that these are symptoms of something bad in the near future. Please help me find out what the problem could be. I was on the first gear all the time. And just before the engine died, I switched on the airconditioning (which I later switched off).

Sincerely, Prasad

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lakshmi Prasad Dasi Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332 Email: snipped-for-privacy@prism.gatech.edu

Lakshmi Prasad Dasi

Lakshmi Prasad Dasi opined

No lights when it quit... assume not even a click when you tried to restart and I assume your radio presets were also gone?

If so.. then you have either a bad cable, slightly loose connection or termination, or the battery itself has an internal problem.

Do a tug test of all the major cables, with lights and A/C on and engine running, lightly at first then with some light force.

Watch the volt meter closely for erratic reading.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic