Help! Need info on 5.0 cams

I have a 97 Explorer motor with the GT 40 heads (not P heads) and Explorer GT 40 style intake. I plan to drop this in my 93 GT (5 speed). I was told that the Explorer motor has a "truck" grind cam versus the HO cam in the stock GT motor so I need to replace the cam. I've been searching the internet and I see a lot about B-303 cams, E-303 cams and F-303 cams. I have a set of 1.6:1 roller rockers which I will be installing with the cam. My car already has equal length headers, off road H pipe, flowmaster exhaust, underdrives, cold air intake, electric fan and 3:73 gears. With this intake, heads, roller rockers, etc which cam would you recommend? A lope at idle will be fine as long as I can run the A/C (it gets hot down here in Georgia). Any info is appreciated. My email address is snipped-for-privacy@multiwebusa.net.

Thanks, Steve B.

Reply to
Steve Brooks

Of those listed the e303 would be my choice. Another good one IMO is the crane 2030 cam. The 2030 is 216/220 duration @ 0.050 with 0.533/0.544 lift vs. the 220/220 @ 0.050 with 0.480/0.480 lift of the e303 cam. Fords with stock heads like a splt duration cam. I ran the 2030 my 89 LX 5 speed car and loved it. With gt40 iron heads/Cobra intake/65mm TB it went 13.04 on the stock 3.08 gears. If you change cams at all make sure and upgrade your vavle springs. Crane makes a kit of conical valve springs/retaines/locks for stock heads that will get you up to 0.550 vavle lift.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG