help, need kickdown rod 289, 1966

Just found out today that I have no kickdown rod!

I don't even know what one looks like.

The engine is a 289, with an auto tranny. Year of car is 1966, not sure what all is original, but the engine is not.

What I need is the horizontal linkage bar that connects the throttle lever thingamabob to the small lever on the side of the transmission.

I feel so lost. Need a tranny manual or something.

Jan Central Florida

Reply to
Jan

Oh yea, a picture and critical dimensions would help too, I can make my own.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Jan wrote in news:582iv0F2ehg75U1 @mid.individual.net:

You should be able to use one from any 302/C4 combination. Should be thousands of them around in junkyards.

Reply to
elaich

the 66 style switched from the dual rod design of the pre 65 cars. you should have a small extension from the bellcrank (rod that goes through the firewall) extending almost straight down. This is attached to the kickdown paw with a small cable, not a rod.

the upper pic is typical 66 and up the lower is the two rod system for 65 and back

Reply to
walt peifer

You might check any of the primary vendor catalogs (hard copies or online) or just about any site which carried C4 transmission parts whether you buy or just learn what it looks like.

Reply to
Spike

ROFL!!

Reply to
WindsorFox

I have the upper type with the 7A372 lever.

I also got an email from someone here that pointed me towards a place where I can order a brand new cable. Woohoo!

Thank you all who replied. Now I know what I need.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

FWIW, I agree with that statement.

But if the first person to reply chose top posting, I will continue top posting after him.

It will make no sense if you do both :D

You can't please everyone.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

WindsorFox wrote in news:s0eTh.439424$Ju2.177260 @newsfe16.lga:

I have a better one, but don't use it for reasons of taste:

"Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to be is like sitting in your pants because that's where your asshole happened to be."

Reply to
elaich

I dare you to email that to Kate....

Reply to