Hey Rotards!

I made some "slight" engine improvements to my 93 RX-7 R1:

Namely I removed that PIECE OF CRAP rotary engine for superior American power.

And if you give me a hard time; I'm going to buy a rare yellow one and put a LS6 Vette engine in it.

ha ha ha.

Piston Powered. WT.

Reply to
White Tornado

Hard time, hard time, hard time.

Reply to
Ron Hammon

Oh, the VERY rare 1886 IROC!! : )

Reply to
Steve Marshall

IROC standing for international race of chariots?

Reply to
Brian

The only thing better than an LS1-powered RX7 are LS1-powered Porsches that I'll be pumping out just to piss off snobby Porsche purists.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Horsepower is a meaningless number (except to idiots that don't know anything.)" "Horsepower and torque cross at 5252RPM. Any horsepower after that is simply wasted work." -- Devils944

Reply to
Brad

You know that is a great idea. I was actually trying to think of another car to defile with a large superior American made v-8 and besides the RX-7 Porsche came to mind.

Please post up any details about your project. I'd love to see it!

Reply to
White Tornado

Well it runs great! You can imagine with twice the torque, better throttle response and a broader powerband over the puny rotary. Mazda did a great job on the chassis, brakes, looks of the car. But that rotary was an aweful little engine.

Kindof ironic to do such a great job on the car and then install what is likely one of the all time worst production engines every created. No problem anymore I fixed that!

Pushrod Power. WT.

Reply to
White Tornado

I can't see the extra weight from the V-8 helping the handling.

----------------- Alex __O _-\

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I saw an older 911 with a LT1 in it on the power tour, his liscence plate said IHAVE8. That was a pretty cool car, they also had an older BMW with an LS1, that was pretty cool too. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I'm going to put my 332 Ford (289 punched) into an MGA body with a cro-mo frame (need 4K and the time to get the frame built - birdcage - probably about three years until it's lit). 1580lbs, 387hp/392 ft lbs. It's old enough to be street legal.

Anybody ever see the TVR Griffith? that's what you are doing (or the Shelby Cobra's)

I like this stuff

Andrew

Erik D. wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

All kidding aside, and having little knowledge f the rotary, I have heard people say what a great little engine it is, and that it was pretty spunky.

Why do you think so poorly of it? Seriously now...

Kate

| > > 1886 IROC 4BBL Stick. | > >

Reply to
SVTKate

The guy's a troll. Been here many times stirring up unrest. His opinions unfortunately do not involve thinking. But I digress...

Swapping engines is a time-honored practice among hot-rodders, anyway. What he says he has done is no big deal except to purist fanatics. Most of us drive what we like; why should he be any different? If he misses the point about the rotary engine, it is no problem for me. I considered replacing my rotary with a boinger when it blew, but finally decided that what I really wanted was to have the car back like it was, and that meant another rotary. Also, had I installed the boinger I would have spent the next three years working out bugs instead of driving, not a good thing. Put it was not a religious-level fanaticism that turned me to the rotary, it was simply that it was more practical. This guy feeds on fanaticism. Troll!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Sterling

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Chuck,

I'm sorry if you aren't very detail oriented in your projects. I completed the LS1/RX-7 in April and have been driving it trouble free all summer. Curiously this is the LONGEST period of trouble free service that I've experienced since puchasing the RX-7 in 1997.

The OEM engine setup was SO BAD that I was able to cobble up a better, more reliable solution in my garage with common tools.

Sad sad sad.

WT.

Reply to
White Tornado

here in florida i saw a 86 rx7 with a rotory hit in the 8 sec range at moroso

orangespawn50

I hear this same stuff about a Chevy V8 in a Porsche 944. If 50/50 weight bias is so important compared to 52/48, then put the battery or a trailer hitch in the back and there's your 50/50 again.

Reply to
Brad

After several generations of research and development the Corvette chassis is still unsatisfactory - thus these Chevy purists must build their own cars out of superior, foreign-manufactured sports car chassis...

Reply to
rx7fc3sgtr

Thats one way to look at it. After owning this RX-7 for what going on

6 years now I really doubt that the RX-7 chassis is better than the Corvette chassis.

Basically it came down to this; this god damn Mazda was in need of it's *THIRD* rotary engine and I wasn't in the mood to re-install another rotary time-bomb so I went with proven technology. As an added bonus and more technically advanced engine with a whole decade more development in it.

Reply to
White Tornado

Either ya have a helluva lot of miles on it or ya abused it.

But there's no question that those big V8 lumps will stand up longer for the inept.

Reply to
mike gray, CID

ahh You carry more weight then,this makes a large difference in being able to take a corner or not take a corner at a determined speed

Reply to
CyBorg_0091