Hey Steve---Check THIS out!!

May have to copy and paste.

//Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

WOW!!! That sure is a nice buick! A friend of mine had a '70 GS hardtop with a 4 speed. It was silver, man i miss that car, lol. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Yeah, it's got lots of mention, from the moment it came up, on the v8buick.com board.

It's out of my league, of course, plus I like to race my cars (someday).

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Holy crap.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"A Guy Named Steve" wrote

As of 9:30 PDT Thursday May 13: $109,100, RESERVE NOT MET?!!!!

The world's definitely gone mad. Think of all the cool cars, old iron or brand new, you can buy for that kind of money. A 13-second Buick with a THREE SPEED STICK? That all but the most knowledgeable old car fan would not know from great-grandma's grocery getter?

I wonder if this is one of those Ford 3-spd toploader-equipped GM cars that Big Al mentioned the other day. If so, that's the same tranny we've got in my kids' '65 289 fb Stang, and even if it's not, even if it's a Muncie, I gotta tell ya this guy is full of it to say it's a better drag tranny than a four speed.

First, there's the huge drop off from first to second, unavoidable where you have a first gear roughly equivalent to a 4-spd's first gear, but with only one more ratio to bridge the gap from first gear to a 1:1 top gear. No doubt a fresh 455 Stage One would feel the hurt less than our wheezy old 2v 289. But then there's also that across-the-H first to second shift. After the launch, the first to second shift has got to be THE most important event of a quarter mile run. And not even Ronnie Sox on his best day could match a straight down one-to-two with an across-the-H manuver.

Whatever. I doubt if anyone stupid enough to shell out this kind of dough for such an oddball creation is ever going to take it anywhere near the track. I'll just say it one more time: $109,100, RESERVE NOT MET?!!!! There's definitely one born every minute.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

I have no problem with that price, for a documented 1 of 1, top of the line performance Buick GS Stage 1, that is also a convert.

I'd never buy it had I had the money, but I have no problem with it going for that much.

Think of it this way, make the exact same car, but an LS6 SS454 Chevelle convertible... it would go much higher! What if they made a 3spd manual Boss 429, convertible, and only one documented?

Go to v8buick.com and you can talk to the owner:

and

and

Steve

72 Skylark