horse power question

i want to measure my horse power without the run times. where could i go so that i can just plug in the engine specs and get a good guesstimate on my horse power?

Reply to
oneadvent

Grover C. McCoury III

there is no where i can just plug in the hardware it has? i have a cold air induction, lunadi cams, a 3 inch x pipe, and mag headers,

Reply to
oneadvent

there is no where i can just plug in the hardware it has? i have a cold air induction, lunadi cams, a 3 inch x pipe, and mag headers on a 91 mustang gt 5.0.

Reply to
oneadvent

there are some engine building software but its expensive and you have to know almost every dimension and spec of every part I can give you a ballpark figure stock 91 mustang 225@4000 cai 1 lunadi cam 15

3 inch xpipe 5 headers 15

thats on a stock engine with just the parts you gave you have also changed the range of peak horsepower which if it is a mild cam is now about 4500pm

266 plus or minus 15hp just ballpark but pretty close
Reply to
dave

i was told that the car can take off and go so fast the front will lift up. then i was told by someone else that doing that takes 500+ horse power. the lunati cam would only add 15 horse power? i dunno. thats a lot of money for a little result. i think i may take it in and have it measured. can anyone tell me what it would take to lift the front end up. the car is stripped for drag racing. it has nothing other than the essential things and battery is in the back.

Reply to
oneadvent

There is software, but is very often off by a fair margin (up to 30% in some instances) compared to real dyno numbers. You need to either go ahead and just buy the software, or find someone who has the software willing to run the numbers for you. Remember you need to take elevation into consideration. People generally forget this one. The difference between sea level and my altitude in Denver was a drop in almost 100hp AND tq. BIG difference. Forced induction here I come.....

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

i think in the end i'll just send myself to get a dyno test done. i think it will be worth the money.

Reply to
oneadvent