Hose missing from exhast manifold on my 2004 mustang

Help Please, My Mustang had been loosing power over the past week, didn't know why. Then while driving home from work tonight, a loud exhast sound started coming out from under the hood. I looked under with the engine running and noticed a powerfull stream of air shooting out of a hose connector that appears to be part of the exhast manifold.

I couldn't find a loose hose hanging anywhere. I'm going to post a picture what I see on my web site. I hope that someone can tell me what this is. I'm under warranty, but want to describe the problem to

the dealer.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what this is called.

Here is the link to a picture of it:

Thanks in advance, so much.

Nick

Reply to
servozoom

Looks like part of the EGR system. V6? According to my '97 service manual the part you have circled is the EGR valve to exhaust manifold tube. The steel tube that nipple is attached to should run up around the backside of the engine to the EGR valve near the throttle body.

While the manual's illustration shows two of those nipples on the tube, it doesn't show what attaches to them. Probably in the emissions manual that I don't have.

Reply to
Brent P

Fixed, thanks Brent

Reply to
servozoom

It is part of the EGR system. It's a differential pressure sensor. Some cars that have had hard driving and maybe a few performance mods have been known to blow them off. Repeated occurrences means you have very high exhaust system back pressure for some reason.

One side affect is that once blown off can allow fresh air to enter the driver's side exhaust before the O2 sensor. This causes the computer to add unneeded fuel to the drivers side of the engine. This causes a loss of power and a rough running engine.

Reply to
Ed Clark

Hi Ed. So how's it going? It's been a while..

"Ed Clark" wrote in news:C2fyf.14372$0G.5438@dukeread10:

Reply to
Joe