How do I adjust Crane Gold r rockers w/Hydraulic lifters.?

How do I adjust my crane 1.7 lift rockers with Hydraulic lifters. At rest, I have been told to have 0 lash to avoid pump up. When I adjust these rockers dose the spring on the lifter compress at all, or is that point where it just starts to compress the lifter consider as "0 lash". The I was also told to bring down 1/4 turn more. Can anyone let me know the proper procedure?

Reply to
Jason

With a valve fully closed (cam on base circle for that valve) adjust until you just start to feel some drag on the pushrod as you try to rotate it. At this point the plunger in the lifter is not preloaded at all. Now add 1/2 turn to preload the lifter. If you don't preload the lifters they can't adjust at all, will be noisy, and will not perform to the fullest.

LJH

95GT (331 stroker)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Hey thanks for the Info!! I am finishing up my 302 with a new Paxton super charger. I had to send the heads out to have a receiver grove cut got new head gaskets. I could not remember how to adjust the rockers thanks for the Info!!

Reply to
Jason