How many mustangs have you owned?

At least it had the V8. My friend's '74 had the 2.3.

Yuck! ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

The others I've had....

1956 Crown Vickie 272 V8 auto (60 something) Morris Minor 4 banger 4 spd 71 MG Midget 4 banger 4 spd 1991 Firebird GTA LT-1 350 TPI 1970 Nova Hatchback 305 V8 auto
Reply to
Spike
1986 SSP 5.0, 5spd, 3.08's - 14.48 1988 SSP 5.0, 5spd, 3.08's - 14.11 1991 5.0 Notch, 5spd, 3.55's+, 13.94

Three for me

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Are you the new guy?? ;-P

Reply to
WindsorFox

What's HE doing here? He doesn't even OWN a Mustang.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Maybe he's looking to buy one knowing that ONE old codger in particular keeps going and sniffing around at the new ones every so soften....

Reply to
WindsorFox

Yeah - sorry I forgot to introduce myself...

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Hmmmm... Well my dad has a 93 triple-white special edition Mustang convert. Can't I be guilty by association?

I mean it's not like I'm Anthony or anything - I've never owned a Miata ;-}

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I'd still love to have a nice 5.0 coupe again for daily driver (and by "driver," I mean a car that can sit at a park 'n ride lot 11 hours/ day, 4 days/week and get about 6000 miles/year put on it). I'd trade my piece of crap 1999 Ranger 4x4 for the right one in a heartbeat!

In the meantime, the new motor is in the Buick and has been broken in. It still has a long ways to go before being track-worthy, but at least it's running.

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

The codger probably has a problem with buying a NEW Mustang while holding onto the old ones... Codger needs a bigger stable.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

waitaminute... You'd leave a Mustang coupe sitting in a parking lot all day every day?

I know where you can get a lovely blue GT convertible for only $15,000. Leave the Skylark in the parking lot and keep the convertible in the garage, if you want.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Well, your DAD is a lucky man. Don't tell me that he ever lets you drive that, though.

Please... Once you leave the Ford family, do you think we give a rat's ass WHAT you drive? You're all the same.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

None:

I expect that should change to "one" in about 4 weeks.

Norm

faust snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

Sure he would. The biggest thing keeping me from doing it is that I live in the Seattle area and he lives in central Arizona. He bought it as a bit of a project from a woman who had "just driven" it as her daily driver for years. It's getting a lot of attention now - more than dad thought it would need.

Sorry, I've never left the Ford family - I just haven't owned a Mustang since New NoOp (remember that!?) about 8 years ago.

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Sure I would. It would get all that time to pick on the neighboring BMW's, Escalade's, and Audi's - the park 'n ride is in "that" part of town.

I live in Seattle - convertibles are a joke here. Basically their only purpose is to be driven top down once a year, while the rest of the year they're just getting the roof slashed into to steal stuff.

The Skylark on the other hand will likely only see trips to and from the dragstrip and rare trips to humiliate the above named vehicles. I just did a short video of it for youtube, but it's still processing.

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Funny how that works. I mean, of course a 14-year-old car would need plenty of attention, as is, but a "special edition" Mustang? Is he trying to restore it, or is he just trying to get it back to everyday use? How bad is it?

Of course, I remember. I put the tea kettle on the burner this morning, then went out to cut the grass. Almost burned down the house. But I remember you and the NoOp.

If I remember right, the Skylark was not considered a "big car" in its day. That thing must be HUGE by today's standards... Does it still fit between the lines?

:()

Reply to
dwight

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Well post the link already and I'll add it to my favorites :oD

Reply to
WindsorFox

Christmas of 1989. I went to London. I saw one day near The Marble Arch some guy driving a 1968 Impala Convertible. All four tires were riding ON the lines on both sides.

Reply to
WindsorFox

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

He's restoring it for the most part. He's even ordering things like plug wires directly from Ford. It wasn't awful, but it needed everything... Yeah, that's about it. It could have been a driver, but I think he's been looking for his own project since they got into their new house. Mom has the 62 Skylark convert, but although he's always maintained it, it's never really been his project. It's got lots of new bits and pieces throughout (all the door lock mechanisms, etc... type of stuff) along with a new top and it will get a repaint too.

What's funny is my dad called me about his 5.0 after doing a tuneup, and saying it wasn't running right. Without skipping a beat, I asked him if he remembered to pull the little plug out of the wires coming from the distributor (the one that adds the advance). Of course he hadn't, even though this is something like his 5th Mustang since the

1989 GT he bought in 1990 (the same one that got me started). Certain things you don't forget...

Well I haven't actually tried to park it at a place that has lines. Since I bought the shell for $300 back in early 2003, it's only been driven on test runs and to the track. Currently it doesn't even have seats mounted, so I can't drive it. But with all the SUV's around these days, there are still a few spaces that aren't designated as "compact" left. What's interesting is that looking at it in my garage, it doesn't take up any more room lengthwise than my extended cab Ranger. And it doesn't appear to be any taller than my wife's 95 Civic. Of course the worn rear springs along with the BB sitting on SB front springs may be part of that.

Steve E.

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve