How often to re-lube wheel bearings?

I've seen attachments to grease guns for this, but how often should it be done?

-Rich

Reply to
Rich

On my own cars, I do it every time I do the brakes.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

We are talking "front wheel bearings" aren't we? Rears are lubricated with the differential gear lube.

Reply to
Richard

I assumed he meant the front bearings. For rears, the change interval is "when you've got an axle seal leak." 8-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Your 2004's are sealed units and do not require repacking AFAIK. I think that the sealed units were introduced on the sn-95 (1994) mustangs. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Prior to that you needed to periodically repack your front wheel bearings. I, like other people responding to this thread, would repack my front wheel bearings when I did front brake work.

Reply to
cprice

Wrong, rear bearings on most fords are sealed and not lubed by gear oil. :)

Reply to
Mark C.

Not on my Mustang.

-- Richard

'94 GT 'vert Under Drive Pulleys Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit High Stall Torque Converter

4:10 Gears Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded) FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft FRPP M5400-A Suspension Laser Red
Reply to
Richard

Pity the bearings in my 2001 GT "dried out" and failed. I'd rather they hadn't been "sealed." My 1988 and 1993 (which I drove MUCH harder) not a problem.

Reply to
michaelanderson4