How to attach a minigun to my mustang?

In case dangerous terrorists attack me while on the highway, my shotgun may be not enough to defend myself.

So how can I upgrade my car with a good minigun to eliminate terrorists on the highway fast ?

Reply to
Hank Higgens

Wouldn't be hard at all. Mini gatlin mounted on each front fender. The big space inside the cowl could be adopted for use as a ammo locker.

If that is to small, then mount them just at the edge of the roof line right behind the doors. Put holes in the back windows and have ammo feed from the back seat.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

Best to find a deep dark hole and lock yourself inside until all the terrorists are dead. WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall
** In case dangerous terrorists attack me while on the highway, my ** shotgun may be not enough to defend myself. ** ** So how can I upgrade my car with a good minigun to eliminate ** terrorists on the highway fast ?

I'd go with a 360-degree rotatable, roof-mounted turret and a laser tracking system so that you can light 'em up while you're making your getaway. Ammo can be easily fed automatically from rear-seat mounted crates.

Or you could simply nuke the bastards from orbit. It's the only way to be absolutely sure.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

A minigun won't stop most large SUVs, so I'd go with some form of anti-tank weapon. Possibly the AGS-30 semi automatic grenade launcher with anti-armor warheads.

Wheresthebabes?

That's why I keep a shotgun AND a pistol in the truck!

I highly recommend "hedgehog" mines deploying from the trunk to the rear to keep the sneaky SOBs from coming up behind you.

bill Car: '64.5 Mustang: 260 V8, 3 sp, factory a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390 cfm carb, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

Guns: Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

at 08 Apr 2004, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@Softcom.Net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Actually, there is a company that makes something like this. One of those that armors vehicles. It looks like a pickup truck with a topper. The topper roof will swing open and a 360 degree rotating .50 machinegun will pop up, remotely controlled from the passenger seat. Aimed at those who'd like their vehicle armored but be able to get back at whoever attacks them.

I figure you could do something like that to the trunk. Mount a minigun in there that's remote controlled. Button pops the trunk, opens it and locks in in the open position. Minigun rotates out and ready to fire at the tailgater. :-) Then another button rotates the minigun back in, cloises and locks the trunk...

Wonder if I can pitch this to Monster Garage. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Wheresthebabes? wrote

You must be thinking of Canadian SUV's or something. What I think the guy means by a "minigun" is one of those six-barrel Gatling gun cannons used on military aircraft, 30 mm cartridges, 6000 rounds per minute type-a-deal. Adequate to stop even a Hummer, I would think.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

"Wheresthebabes?" wrote

Quote from website: "The weight of the weapon, which is twice as less that of the first-generation AGS-17 grenade launcher"

Twice as less??? Who wrote this?

Reply to
Scott Williams

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

No, no, no. That's a vulcan. The Minigun is a 223 caliber 6 barrel machine gun. You've seen it in action in "Preditor" and "Terminator" when Arnold cuts loose while hand holding one. Clearly insufficient stopping power for your typical Navigator or Hummer.

Reply to
Wheresthebabes?

About 15 years ago, I saw a 1970 Dodge Demon for sale complete with James Bond gadgets like oil sprayer and machine guns. However they were non-functional. What I'd suggest is the mechanism out of the latest (Mercedes?) that allows the headlights to follow the steering. That could be hooked up to the minigun. Then you'd need some heavy duty stepper motors for the gun mounts.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

so a minigun, with between 4000 to 6000 rounds per minute, of armour piercing .223 caliber ammo wouldn't stop a SUV? it would shred a SUV in seconds.. maybe the engine block would remain, but the rest of the vehicle would be destroyed..

Reply to
Rexford Dundon

Yes, but by the time you've destroyed it, it's already run you over! And killing the terrorist soccer mom inside is poor recompense for being slowly ground up inside a mass of flaming metal. Besides, you know how long it takes to hand load 6000 rounds of AP .223 into an ammo drum?

Reply to
Wheresthebabes?