How to install a cold air intake

I purchased a cold air intake from ebay (

and I tried installing it but it didnt work. The way the pipe bendsthe only rational way to installing it is putting the filter near theexhaust manifold, but obviously that wasnt a good diea because the airwas too hot and I could even get past 2nd gear when I floored it. Cananybody send me isntructions on how to install it (it didnt come withisntructions) or any suggestions. Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
beauflex

) and I tried installing it but it didnt work. The way the pipe bends> the only rational way to installing it is putting the filter near the> exhaust manifold, but obviously that wasnt a good diea because the air> was too hot and I could even get past 2nd gear when I floored it. Can> anybody send me isntructions on how to install it (it didnt come with> isntructions) or any suggestions. Don't waste your time/money on that. The stock airbox does as well as any other non-ram-air solution in pulling in cool air. A good quality high flow filter that fits in the stock airbox will also stay cleaner for a lot longer than your typical K&N type cone filter.

If I were you I'd put the thing back for sale on ebay...

(*>

Reply to
Hawk

) and I tried installing it but it didnt work. The way the pipe bends> the only rational way to installing it is putting the filter near the> exhaust manifold, but obviously that wasnt a good diea because the air> was too hot and I could even get past 2nd gear when I floored it. Can> anybody send me isntructions on how to install it (it didnt come with> isntructions) or any suggestions. Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

What do you expect for under $30???

Reply to
WindsorFox