how to restore book

hi,

i am finaaly getting around to doing the body work on my 68. is there a book on restoration you would recommend? of course, one concentrating on 68's would be best.

thanks, peter

Reply to
peter

Couple of ideas for this....

a) in most Mustang parts catalogs is a literature section which lists a wide range of books, manuals, etc, with a description. I note that some of the manuals (like wiring, chassis, etc) are year specific.

b) go to

books, and do a search for Mustang. Some will be like Chiltons repair manuals, but if you add "restoration" you'll get a list of Mustang Restoration books. When you follow the link to the book description, you'll sometimes find reviews. Read the reviews by people who bought and you'll get a feel for how good each book is from a users point of view. Also, some people will post a listing of books they found useful, or that they recommend for a specific topic, such as Mustang Restoration books. No guarantees, of course, but it can be a help.

THEN... if you find a book you want, either through Amazon, or some other source, see if Amazon has it in their used books. I picked up both Haynes and Chilton's repair manuals plus a Mustang Restoration book. With shipping, I still got them for less than half what i would have been charged just for the book at regular retail. If you order from A Mustang parts vendor, you'll have to add shipping, and possibly tax on top of the price.

And don't be fooled by the term "used" These were brand new, still in the plastic wrapper material, with no damage, etc.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike