Howto get more bang out of my Bullitt

lol

No, btw.. I'm not a web-designer.. I'm a web-developer. I do all the Perl/CGI work.. and even the JavaScript work (although some consider that part of web-design, I don't). See:

I've built all of theback-ends of those web-sites. BeatScout will be by far the most successfulone. Shoot an email over to our web-designer Marcus at snipped-for-privacy@003design.com and ask him if he's used ASPX.. he'll be able to helpya more than I can.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

The good news is... I've never hit a kid (not even close). Never hit an adult either, not with my car anyway (my knuckle still hurts from that).. I hit a cow once in a '87 Civic (I was in the civic, not the cow). Foggy night, 3 cows in the middle of the road, 35mph, broken left side mirror, pissed off cow...

Note: Cows will run at you rally fast when they're pissed off at ya! So, don't stop your car to check the damage till your REALLY far from the scene. Almost got me back that cow did!

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

LOL the cow was chasing you? Omg I'm gonna be laughing at that for many more hours. Too funny. I hit a dead deer once... apparently somebody smacked a dear & knocked it flat over... then here I come & BAM... run ride over the damn thing.. lots of meat on the underbody of my car.. even part of the leg was attached. Whew that was a stinky ride home.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

ya shoulda got the dryer out and made some jerky. Nothing like road-kill jerky. ;-) Hope it wasn't your Mustang that ran over it. Deer (dead or alive) have been know to mess up a car or two. My dad had to pull one out of his grill once. Oddly enough it was the same road I hit the cow.

I saw this one in another news group. damn!

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

Yeah I hit the damn thing with my 98 GT... didn't do any damage really... just made my car stink for a while regardless of how many times I washed the underbody. Cooked meat and burned hair was stuck to my exhaust tailpipes for a while.. had to scape it all off. Was pretty nasty. Trying to view that video now... damn thing is going slow.

-Mike

<memset

OMG that -SUCKS-!!! (video)

<memset

I tried that with my wife last xmas..bought "her" a beretta 391 eureka trap gun...never do that again!

smacking self on forehead repeatedly.." never buy the wife a weapon she can use on you!"

her first and only comment.."you bought me a..gun?"

i figured hell, i buy you a 900 necklace and you wear it once and i never see it again..with a trap gun you can go shooting with me on the weekends..we can spend more time together...makes good sense t me..or it did at the time!

course i did end up with a new gun out of the deal and she stopped being mad at me about 4 months later ( course I had to send her to hawaii for a week without me for that to happen!)

Reply to
Matt

turned out to be one expensive gun. ;-) hopefully you weren't on the couch for 4 month. Even "rosie" can get tired of that!

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

i know how that is, i went over the top of a good sized dog someone had already hit and killed one night driving a dark country road. the odd cooking type smell took about a week to go away.

Reply to
Jon Eyman

LOL... poor dog. Took a few days for the stink to go away on my car as well.

-Mike

<memset

Ouch... yeah... leathers and a helmet are good things to have. I need to get a body armor jacket for next year. Though they repealed the helmet law in PA, I'ma still ride with mine on, thanks.

I just started riding this past summer... I couldn't even imagine hitting a deer on my crotch rocket... it'd cause some severe problems, I know that for sure...

I'm always scared shitless that something (animal, car) is going to jump out in front of me while my girl's on the back...

JS

Reply to
JS

Yepper, my Bullitt is stock. Well, except for the K&N, which the previous owner installed. Other than that, it's the same car now as it was on day one.

Keeping it stock is a tough call. Once a car is paid for, it's hard to not mess with it. Considering the built-in mods the Bullitt has, adding a supercharger seems like a natural step to reach that next level. Your brother-in-law probably thinks the car will lose value if you mod it, but there are plenty of stock Bullitts out there if it's that important to someone. Your car, your rules. The Cobra route is certainly an option, albeit a slightly more expensive one, but it's a dead giveaway in a street race. And a Viper is on a whole 'nother level. The fun thing about the Bullitt is that most of the infidels think it's a six-banger, and just can't figure out why they're getting ranked so badly. A blower would certainly add to the fun. I think I might go that route myself, eventually. Right now, I have quite a bit of fun with it as it is.

Go check out that website! They definitely have the detail info you'll want on supercharging your car.

Reply to
RayS