Hurricane V8 now is the BOSS

I read today Ford's Hurricane V8 project is still progressing ahead. And because of Hurricane Katrina the name has been changed from Hurricane to Boss. I still haven't read anything on its configuration

-- OHC or OHV -- but as far as I know the displacement is holding steady at 6.2 liters.

So it appears in the near future it'll be 'hey, check out that Mustang! It's one of those Boss 379s'!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Down here in Australia we have the Ford Boss V8 engines in a couple of Falcon models. It refers to them about half way through the following article

James

Thanks for the info; however, I believe your Boss motor is our current

5.4 liter mod motor. The Hurricane, now [also] named Boss motor I wrote about is an all-new design that Ford hasn't released anywhere. In fact, the whole program was canceled about 6-8 months ago, only to get re-green-lighted about 2 months ago. I think Ford is saying an expected intro date of 2009.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L