"I Am Legend" Movie Mustang Trivia

Anyone seen the trailer for this upcoming flick? They use a new GT500 in the film. So even if the movie is a bomb at least we can see a GT500 in action. Here's some trivia about the car they used.

Picture Cars East was doing stunt tests on the 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 to test the new car showroom stunt. They had a 27 foot run up to the ramp, and are jumping the Shelby through a plate glass window. In the test they were doing the landing on boxes to not harm the fairly rare car. On the first test they ripped out the radiator, and radiator support. They had to cannibalize a regular Mustang for parts to continue the test.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

They thought landing a 4,000 pound car on BOXES was going to keep it in one piece? LOL!

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I'll look forward to seeing that.

There is plenty to check out here:

if you're interested in cars-in-the-movies.

Reply to
Frank ess

Wait a minute. I remember seeing that bit on some SpeedVision show. Seems like there was a show for a while featuring Picture Cars East, and some of the stunts they did.

That was a year or so ago. How could they use an '08 car back then?

Reply to
.boB

Probably an 07, only the VIN would tell...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody