I guess times ARE tough

Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I wonder what the price is on them. That fact they didn't put it in the ad makes me think this is a gimmick to get people in the dealership.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

"We HAD $10,000 mark UP on these, and now those Mark up's are gone. Also, we have discounted these an additional $7000." Or so says the Ad I read.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Gee... that's the same ad the rest of us read.... Like Michael said... I wonder what the PRICE is on them.

They can play with numbers all they want.... what some of us would like to know is how much cash do we need to take out of our jeans.... How much do we write the cheque for? I don't care about mark ups and discounts..... What is the bottom line?

Reply to
<mechanic

The GT's have an X-Pipe, some suspension upgrades and "Shelby" plates....ooooooh Last years went for over 35K, according to this from about.com

Pricing In 2008, Ford predicts that only 2,300 2008 Shelby GT coupes and convertibles will be built. This low production number means that most pricing figures will mean little to nothing. As often goes, the new 2008 Shelby GT will most likely go to the highest bidder. Last year?s model began around the $35,000 mark. If you can still get your hands on one, after reading this, expect to pay top dollar for this piece of Mustang history.

It's about whatever they can get from some sucker.

Reply to
Gill

dealership.

Mustang

That sums it up nicely. :)

IMO The Shelby GT is undoubtedly THE most overpriced Mustang that Ford has marketed. There is nothing really special about the hardware, you get the privilege of having a mildly modified Mustang GT with "Shelby" emblems for a mere $15k extra. Sweeeet.

The strangest thing I ever saw was the 2 flavors of Shelby parked on a lot, side-by-side. The price difference was under $3000. There's something very wrong there.

Reply to
John C.

The suckers aren't biting as much recently, or have become more educated. I was shopping at a San Diego dealer, and on the way to see a car I was interested in the salesman pointed out two Shelby GTs. One was a 2007 model. You could probably get it for less than a 2008 Mustang GT, by now, if you were more stubborn than the dealer. And then what have you got? An expensive Cobra emblem and a chance, somewhere down the road, to try being more stubborn than an uneducated sucker.

Earlier that day I had test-driven a 2008 GT500 that would have gone off the lot for $42.5K. Wrong color, though.

I think the "price on them" mentioned above starts at sticker, which I believe is $45 to $51K depending on model and extras. Add and subtract your $10K ups and $7K downs, and you are in the neighborhood of my wrong-color experience. I've never been very good at maths, especially car-price maths.

Reply to
Frank ess

Click this:

Then see if they will actually quote a price.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

No such thing as a "bottom line". Ditch their 10K markup, then drop

7k off the MSRP and perhaps your close to a point at which to begin a discussion.

They aren't going to advertise a price when there is a chance of "screwing a sucker". Advertised prices don't mean jackshit anyways.

Reply to
Zombywoof

I took a shortcut through a Ford dealer today and couldn't believe my eyes. The dealership was closed and they had an "Eleanor" grey GT500 sitting all by itself in the front parking lot. I have never seen one sitting outside like that before today.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Makes me think of the days when as a kid I would see Dodge Daytonas and Plymouth Superbirds in the back parking lots just collecting dust. Speaking of Dodge, I've seen two new Challengers around town and a friend saw another, all were different colors. I walked up to one and two things I noticed were, the hood looked like carbon fiber, and the big ass 20 inch wheels. Not sure if the carbon fiber was a stick-on or if it was real. I'm in kind of a "smallish" area, so it kind of surprises me to see these cars, or at least three of them clustered around here.

Reply to
Gill

Gill wrote in news:ZOadnetKg_KY8VPVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

uneducated

There are at least 4 dealers in the county that have them on display outside the showroom. Awesome-looking in person.

Reply to
Joe

Perhaps I should restate the question, then.... "What will it take to ge ME into THAT car?"...

We can mince terms all we want.... we still aren't going to sign the cheque before we fill in the rest of it.

But I have to wonder what "bottom line" has to do with advertised prices?

Look at it this way.... I purchased an 05 V6 convertible for my loving bride.... I was backing a truck out of my service bay when I one of the wash bay girls parking this car in the UCD line-up. I walked into the sales dept and asked the DP "How much".... He looked in his binder and told me.... That was his "bottom line" for an employee... I drove the car home at lunch break and kept it....

Now.... we can mark shit up and we can discount shit down.... truth of the matter is that we all have A bottom line. One persons bottom line might have another person walk away from the deal.... and here-in lies the joy of being an individual - each with our own desires and each with our own expectations.

Reply to
<mechanic

And trucks:

Cheap advertising too:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

There is a Dodge dealer next to the Ford dealer that had 3-4 Challengers on the lot. It looks great in person. I didn't check out the interior but the exterior was a dead ringer for the concept car I saw at the DC auto show last winter. If Dodge prices them right they will sell a lot of them.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I saw a silver new Camaro on the street this morning in Tucson. Had to look twice, then three more times. Thought there were only $$$$ prototypes out?? Wonder if there is something going on here like a dealer show?

Al

Reply to
Big Al