I have a restoration that I've hauled around the country for the last ten years.

Short story- I'm goiing to work, but want to toss my hat in:

'67, convertible, GT gas cap, 390 Thunderbird decal on the air cleaner but rebuilt durring the brief year that I drove it and the machine shop said it was a 352. I had it rebuilt that way. VIN as I recall was some shade of green. Painted candy apple red before I got it. Took a front end hit at some point.

I plan to take it back to pretty much original driver. I live in Bayonne, New Jersey and can afford it now. Car is in Florida in the garage where it was left before going back to school. I've been through a career as an aircraft mechanic since then it came off the road, so I'm pretty competent.

Thinking about suppliers, and how to get it north. '78 Chevy C-20 in the garage with the Mustang. It was working when parked seven years ago. Tires still have air as of Christmas.

Any mecahnics in Tampa interested in driving a C-20 around for the daily grind, for a month, and just pay for gas? Or should I stick the pickup in the back of a U-haul and the Mustang on a trailer and then worry about getting the pickup running up here.

David

Reply to
David Schierholz

I've been in your situation also. The tires are probably dried out and ready for a blowout. The fuel filters may need to be changed a couple of times before it's trustworthy. Car haulers are good for hauling an old beater, not sure if I'd trust them with your Mustang. In this case, U-haul and a trailer. YMMW.

Reply to
Kruse

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike