I just saw a Scion XB.

It was black. "Sand Pearl Black", actually

It looked like a hearse for circus midgets.

And it just SCREAMS "politically Correct"!

It had 5 spoke 20 inch aftermarket wheels... which nicely set off the massive 9 inch brakes.

i went to the site and peeked anonymously at the "build your own"

Look under performance and you can choose from an auto or manual tranny, plus myriad other performance options, like a rear spoiler and a lot of neat stuff like a handling package and quick shifter. So's you can beat those Cobras around the country road curves, I guess.

Oh... and a performance muffler (gee, wonder what that massive 1500 cc, 103 hp 101ft/lb torque screamer sounds like with all that) Bring on them riced up Fociii!

But I didnt see a towing package so's I could haul my ski-boat! Guess that's special order or dealer install.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns96CFC84901E26pettyfogery@207.115.63.158:

Scions are the modern-day version of the original Beetle.

Reply to
Joe

Grrrrrrrr...

don't compare a scion ::shudder:: to a Focus. scions are evil and fugly... no... they're so bad they're foogly

Reply to
Snowy Rose

Hahahaha, I just bought an older 17' Bayliner with an outboard with close to the hp that things pushing out. My little boat and I thank you for the chuckle.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Thanks. I just wasted five minutes of my time.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Yes, they're issued to metrosexuals in a three pack that includes an espresso machine and a lifetime pilates membership.

Unfortunately I have to see these festering turd boxes every day at work. The other day I saw one with neon ground lights, large wheels and tinted windows. It was such a change of pace from the 1000's of other xB owners who, conversely, installed window tinting, bigger wheels, and neon lights under their rides.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Heh, I've been on the lookout for an Xb with water damage at a decent price. Black would be ideal. I actually like the look of the ugly 'lil thing.

There's a Buick turbo 6 bolted to a fiero transaxle in the garage, it needs a place to call home. :)

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt. (among other things)

Reply to
John C.

"John C." wrote

Something tells me you're gonna find it soon.

And THAT is a great idea... the ONLY Xb I'd be interested in.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

AKA Hummer escape pod.

Reply to
ironrod

Now THAT's funny, I don't care who you are!

Reply to
KJKate