I've seen it all now...

The spray-painted, plastic 12v bathroom fan masquerading as a supercharger was pretty funny. Taking the mark for nearly $180 cash was hysterical.

Finally, during my morning jog, I actually saw an H2 Hummer with a lift kit and huge monster-truck type wheels/tires. Is insanity that common?

I suspect that the 'my badass ride is bigger than yours' fad won't go away anytime soon. What's next: 1000-cube twin-turbo diesel semi tractors with undercarriage neon lighting? Maybe a sprayed & blown LPG 60-passenger city bus with garish murals and 40-speaker boom box? Nah hell, maybe ghetto rats will just for the gold: a vintage Sherman tank fitted with a durable rubberized cast-iron 'racing' track that will not only withstand sustained mortar fire, but achieve excellent traction during stoplight-skirmishes and lawn jobs. Fit that sucker with a 5000-watt boom box and bottom-fired woofers, and you'll be able to pound the ground with style.

Soon to come: new vehicle window stickers will list mileage in 'gallons per mile'.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

Have you seen this page before?

Garth Almgren
** Have you seen this page before? **
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!~!!!! That's RARE! I haven't laughed so hard in months, jeez, thanks Man.

The Lincoln Mortifier with the Aunt Edna roof rack was a gut-buster.

I guess I'm not the only one who finds humor in all of this insane stupidity.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

The fornicator model is gone. Looked alot like the 'eliminator'.

Reply to
Brent P

Actually, it's more accurate to measure fuel consumption in that manner, in gallons used per 100 miles.

Reply to
Jim S.

Go to a truck show sometime I have seen Rigs with ground effects, chromed engines, custom rims, murals, with extended frames and sleeper condos the size of most rvs, sporting big screen TVs and killer sound systems, tracking sat dishes, and more antennas then an ant hill. Some have had hydraulic suspensions for that low rider look and neons are becoming common place.

Reply to
grsbsu

You want insanity? hehe...

I work at a state park part time on the weekends to supplament my miserable income from my other p.t. job. Last weekend the rangers landed a sweet off-duty gig. Hummer.

That's right. Hummer comes into the park (paying us, as i figured it out about 4-5 grand), builds an off road hummer course, then invites the people who own hummers to come out and drive the course. For $3000. Which included a gourmet catered lunch (of which i got to partake of, as well... at least they fed me). There were over 50 Hummers sunday, probably the same saturday, and they're coming back this weekend to do it again.

man... 200 of them gas guzzling, uncomfortable things (one of the guys told this to a ranger for the money, they aren't exactly the greatest ride). I laughed driving my baby pony by after i got off work...

It might kill me this morning to put 20 bucks of gas in her this morning, but do have to fill it up every other day... I'll be grateful its just 20 every 8 or so days.

Best thing was... someone with a Explorer wanted to run the course. Even the lady ranger laughed at that one. ;-)

Reply to
Snowy Rose

"Snowy Rose" wrote in news:z98ic.19241$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Patricia, which park is this? Someplace down in Dade? How the hell'd they get away with doing that in a state park?

Joe
** You want insanity? hehe... ** That's right. Hummer comes into the park (paying us, as i figured it out ** about 4-5 grand), builds an off road hummer course, then invites the people ** who own hummers to come out and drive the course. For $3000. Which ** included a gourmet catered lunch (of which i got to partake of, as well... ** at least they fed me). There were over 50 Hummers sunday, probably the same ** saturday, and they're coming back this weekend to do it again. ** ** man... 200 of them gas guzzling, uncomfortable things (one of the guys told ** this to a ranger for the money, they aren't exactly the greatest ride). I ** laughed driving my baby pony by after i got off work... ** ** It might kill me this morning to put 20 bucks of gas in her this morning, ** but do have to fill it up every other day... I'll be grateful its just 20 ** every 8 or so days. ** ** Best thing was... someone with a Explorer wanted to run the course. Even ** the lady ranger laughed at that one. ;-)

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!! A bunch of overpaid morons in fuel-swilling Hummers running a dirt course in a state park. That's RARE. Posuers Deluxe!

I'd love to think this is just a classic case of the Have's vs. Have Not's, but these people are so glutonous and ignorant, I can't help but to laugh. I get 27 mpg. in the GT and my crappy old Winter Beater gets almost 35, and I could not care less about driving a piggish Hummer.

You see, I have nothing to prove to my neighbors, and it sounds as though you don't either.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

A restored mustang II batterey cable!!

this has to make the "I've seen it All list"

winze

Yeah, there's a reason you can't find that skinny ass little cable anymore. Gogo Wal-Mart and you'll find plenty in a decent sized gaudge though.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]